Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

A kayak perspective of the Cherry Street North bridge's red domed roof interior. Shot while passing underneath from the west.

_1200210 (1).jpg

Last edited:
As of this afternoon the Commissioners Street bridge is sitting on temporary supports and SPMTs moved aside. Bridge will be installed onto permanent mounts this week according to Waterfront Toronto. Wasn't able to head down there so I shot these from my balcony in the Distillery District.

_MG_9119 (1).jpg

_MG_9120.jpg

_MG_9122 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Two monochrome facade shots from the south side of Villiers Street between Cherry Street and Don Roadway. I couldn't help but notice the sign at 33 (a recording studio) with Art Deco font and glass blocks in the stucco wall, as well as the building with caged plywood. I assume these buildings will be demolished in the near future. What are the plans for this particular stretch ?

_1200116.jpg

_1200102 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Two monochrome facade shots from the south side of Villiers Street between Cherry Street and Don Roadway. I couldn't help but notice the sign at 33 (a recording studio) with Art Deco font and glass blocks in the stucco wall, as well as the building with caged plywood. I assume they will be demolished soon. What are the plans for this particular stretch ?

View attachment 326807

View attachment 326808

The old Villiers Island precinct plan (not final):

It's identified as a heritage structure:

1623363811701.png

1623363904547.png

1623363961530.png

AoD

Last edited:
The precinct plan looks nice, I just hope that Centre st. & Old Cherry are done properly, make them nice areas for walking with shops, cafes etc. Toronto desperatley needs something like that. I keep hearing all the time on how people love going to Montreal and over and over they talk about the promenades, the walking ability and the squares that they have, I am quite shocked that in there presentation they did not use any of Montreals examples when yet people in Toronto continue to talk so highly of Montreal in the summer, I rarley hear that from a Montrealer about Toronto. I get it they have all those old buildings but we have a blank slate here lets do it right.

The precinct plan looks nice, I just hope that Centre st. & Old Cherry are done properly, make them nice areas for walking with shops, cafes etc. Toronto desperatley needs something like that. I keep hearing all the time on how people love going to Montreal and over and over they talk about the promenades, the walking ability and the squares that they have, I am quite shocked that in there presentation they did not use any of Montreals examples when yet people in Toronto continue to talk so highly of Montreal in the summer, I rarley hear that from a Montrealer about Toronto. I get it they have all those old buildings but we have a blank slate here lets do it right.
I agree, I just hope it looks visually attractive though. There could be numerous potential for the canal streets/restaurants too which I haven't heard too much about, something in between Copenhagen's Nyhavn, Museum Island in Berlin and Amsterdam would be nice for Toronto.

Back