Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Seems like the Lois M. is the tug pulling the bridge barge to Toronto.
It left the Cherubini Metal Works yard area in Halifax at about 15:30 today and is currently expected in Toronto on Sunday at 08:00. Not sure how accurate that estimate is.
It's the same tug (Lois M) that brought the Cherry St. bridge last year, as you can see from it's picture on the tracking link below.

Edited to add:

Hmm, this site seems to be showing more timely tracking with an ETA of May 12.
Weird (to me) that it appears to be going around Cape Breton rather than through the Canso Strait. There's a larger vessel going through it now (that big pink chevron), so it's not too big… why go all that extra distance? They wanna do some whale watching or something?

LoisCanso.jpg

I was really excited for the different colours for the bridges. This one should be yellow (or at least orange), but it really looks red. I'm really hoping plans didn't change and that they're making them all the same colour now.

I was really excited for the different colours for the bridges. This one should be yellow (or at least orange), but it really looks red. I'm really hoping plans didn't change and that they're making them all the same colour now.
I do think they are making them different colours, this one looks slightly more orange then the North Cherry one

In certain angles and lighting, the colour does look red, but it is definitely orange. I am assuming they did a colour swap, so Commissioners Bridge will be orange and Cherry Street South bridge would be yellow. In this video, around 0:30, it gives you a good look at the orange.

Edit: Here is a better look at the rendering of the bridge in orange.

I do think they are making them different colours, this one looks slightly more orange then the North Cherry one

I believe this is the second half of the Cherry bridge. So should still have the other two bridges able to be different colours.

Attachments

• CherryNorth_02-585.jpg
    CherryNorth_02-585.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 1596740839-20200806-cherrynorth3.jpg
    1596740839-20200806-cherrynorth3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 145
I believe this is the second half of the Cherry bridge. So should still have the other two bridges able to be different colours.
This is the Commissioners first half of the bridge (Orange). The second half will be coming in the summer, with the Cherry Street South Bridge (Yellow) coming in the fall, and I believe the Cherry street North LRT bridge (Red) is coming in spring 2022, which is the last of the bridges that are expected to come in this phase of the project. (With more potentially coming in the future, I believe).
Here is a great video showing roughly how construction will progress, which I believe was already posted here:

Weird (to me) that it appears to be going around Cape Breton rather than through the Canso Strait. There's a larger vessel going through it now (that big pink chevron), so it's not too big… why go all that extra distance? They wanna do some whale watching or something?

View attachment 317331

Choppier waters the other way?

...but there's no real indication that's an issue either way:

Maybe a bit complicated to get through the Canso Canal lock? A longish barge requiring tugs at either end to manoeuvre into the lock.

Umm, what, now it's here?

Something ain't right. Did it have to go back for a coat of paint that looks more specifically orange under all conditions? What up, Lois?

This second link seems to provide a more up-to-date location. You will note that the information above is from "1d, 1h ago"
The link below is only 5 hours old and has the location just off of Glace Bay.

So, Drum, You've been following it, too? (I have, since last evening) :)
Being trying to, but came home and it show the boat in the same place after 19 hours. Not sure what going on.

Back