Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

You can just about see the barrier wall from Cherry St. If you stand on a stump.

IMG_20200821_192023.jpg

Plus the little-cloud-that-could rolled through downtown.
IMG_20200821_191422.jpg
IMG_20200821_190952.jpg

Hopefully we can get as many pics in as possible when this is on its way to Toronto, because we'll probably never see a sight like it again in any of our lifetimes knowing how Toronto functions.
Unless your (or my) lifetime is shorter than we both wish, I think we may actually have two more chances (maybe 3) in next 2+ years as the other bridges are being delivered in the same way. Stay safe!

Unless your (or my) lifetime is shorter than we both wish, I think we may actually have two more chances (maybe 3) in next 2+ years as the other bridges are being delivered in the same way. Stay safe!
Well I mean after the 3 other bridges are delivered of course ;)

I wish a long life to all of us here on UT!

Silly question, but at which stage in the project do they start letting water into the river? Any idea what year/quarter that is supposed to happen?

What's happening next to the turning basin? This section is not part of the Lower Don Lands flood protection project.

Edit to add:

Per the Port Lands Planning Framework: "Basin Promenade - The Basin Promenade will be a land extension of the Turning Basin Blue Square. Carlaw Avenue will extend along the Turning Basin, drawing the water’s edge promenade into the street. There will be new opportunities to engage with water and a unique vantage point to watch industry unfold. At the Promenade’s terminus, a special, Inner Harbour place will be created to activate the Turning Basin Blue Square, provide all-season uses and be capable of hosting diverse events. A new iconic building is envisioned to mark and create a distinct frontage facing the Turning Basin. Potential uses could include a Toronto screen-industry museum, or other creative industries and institutional uses. It could also provide a back-drop for on location filming."

Last edited:
Wrapping up a couple loose ends today.

First getting rid of the last few tanks on the east side of Cherry between Commissioners and Villiars.
IMG_20200901_184629.jpg

And also the last bit of T&T has been brought down. Presumably the nesting birds have moved on.
IMG_20200901_185708.jpg

Caissons being formed.
IMG_20200831_183421.jpg

It seems to have snowed on some of the piles of dirt. I hope it's not stuff leaching out of the soil.
IMG_20200901_185311.jpg

Back