Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

This line is a bit confusingly written (at least to my brain): "As part of this project, we’ll build the transit bridge at Cherry Street North and design the others, to be built when demand for transit to the south and east of Villiers Island increases."

Are they saying that the funded phase of the project includes building both the transit bridge and the ped/bike/car bridge at Cherry, and the other two ped/bike/car bridges (Cherry South and Commissioners) but not the accompanying transit bridges in those two cases?

Also, neat fabrication pic from that article:

1596030209329.png

Are they saying that the funded phase of the project includes building both the transit bridge and the ped/bike/car bridge at Cherry, and the other two ped/bike/car bridges (Cherry South and Commissioners) but not the accompanying transit bridges in those two cases?

That is correct - personally I don't consider it to be that big a deal - the city hasn't gotten its' act together with LRT extension so why build a bridge that won't be used, will add to the project cost and had to be maintained? My only concern is whether they will follow the original design if and when it happens - but one worry at a time.

AoD

Last edited:
Cirque du Gardiner. Lower Don Lands redevelopment, including the Gardiner Expressway East rehabilitation. Shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District this evening. The triangular shaped Storm Water Quality Facility (under construction) can be seen on the right. The massive white tents are used for storage of the expressway components, tools and equipment.

20200730_211955.jpg

Last edited:
Cirque du Gardiner. Lower Don Lands redevelopment, including the Gardiner Expressway East rehabilitation. Shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District this evening. The triangular shaped Storm Water Quality Facility (under construction) can be seen on the right. The massive white tents are used for storage of the expressway components, tools and equipment.

View attachment 260779
great shot!

I couldn't find a sub-forum for this, but does anyone have any info on the status of this project? It looks amazing.
Lake Ontario Park

It's a really old thread, dormant due to lack of movement:

The design had iterated a few times, and I don't even know if Field Operations is involved anymore.

More info on the current "vision":

AoD

Last edited:
If the dirt is "clean", hopefully they can add it to the Toronto Islands.
You have not been paying attention! The dirt is all being cleaned and will be put back onto the new park area. (WT has a large soil-cleaning plant on Unwin Street) You can see HUGE piles of clean dirt on south side of lake Shore Blvd at the Don Roadway.

You have not been paying attention! The dirt is all being cleaned and will be put back onto the new park area. (WT has a large soil-cleaning plant on Unwin Street) You can see HUGE piles of clean dirt on south side of lake Shore Blvd at the Don Roadway.
So there! 🎺

Back