Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.20.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.20.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 11.19.06 AM.png

It is indeed currently being built with that provisioning; initially for BRT with the notion that by the year 3,108 it be upgraded to LRT.
Entirely too optimistic for this town. 🤣

From this morning...

Villier+1.jpg

Villier+2.jpg

King Kong vibratory machine pushing down columns (hangs from crane).

Villier+3.jpg

Was literally shaking in my boots standing nearby...

Villier+4.jpg

A brief peak at east side... pano view.

Villier+5.jpg

The Black Hills of Toronto....

Villier+6.jpg

Villier+7.jpg

Back to the west side of Cherry...

Villier+8.jpg

The 'western range' continues to impress...

Villier+9.jpg

Villier+10.jpg

Villier+11.jpg

Villier+12.jpg

Located on north side of current bridge...

Villier+13.jpg

Lovely.

Of all the stuff happening in the city - this is easily the project that excites me the most.

It's an amazing project, but it worries me too. Are they actually going to achieve the kind of short blocks, diversity of uses, diversity of building sizes, and density that Jane Jacobs would praise? I feel like that's what could be achieved, but the plans so far show large buildings taking up each block. Aside from the parkland, there's a risk that the new neighbourhood will be quite monolithic and dull.

It's an amazing project, but it worries me too. Are they actually going to achieve the kind of short blocks, diversity of uses, diversity of building sizes, and density that Jane Jacobs would praise? I feel like that's what could be achieved, but the plans so far show large buildings taking up each block. Aside from the parkland, there's a risk that the new neighbourhood will be quite monolithic and dull.

Based on the plans, it should be comparable to St. Lawrence or WDL. Probably dull, other than along certain edges. That's okay too.

AoD

Based on the plans, it should be comparable to St. Lawrence or WDL. Probably dull, other than along certain edges. That's okay too.

AoD

St. Lawrence has everything I talked about: short blocks, diversity of uses, buildings of different sizes and ages, and density. It also has people of various socioeconomic backgrounds. It's vibrant and widely regarded as a great urban neighbourhood. I believe that Jane Jacobs herself provided feedback when the neighbourhood was being revitalized in the 1970s.

Back