Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Views from the double bridge on Commissioners today, looking north. The water level is quite high!

1000016131.jpg
1000016130.jpg

Yikes that is really high. I wonder where it goes when it overflows? I didn't think the flood zones would be needed after some normal spring rains.

What's weird is that looks higher than the Keating Channel behind it which is lake height. But this should be lake height too since it's now connected to Lake Ontario at the south end. I wonder if its somehow trapping water. It is open to the lake on the south end.

Yikes that is really high. I wonder where it goes when it overflows? I didn't think the flood zones would be needed after some normal spring rains.

What's weird is that looks higher than the Keating Channel behind it which is lake height. But this should be lake height too since it's now connected to Lake Ontario at the south end. I wonder if its somehow trapping water. It is open to the lake on the south end.
Isn't it connected to the spillway/wetland that is a continuation of the riverbed going south to the Ship Channel?

Back