Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

Here are some more pics from Mr Vizzini related to Love Park’s bronze sculptures.

2887794D-2F63-4331-9112-12B684C94239.png

So I assume those are of animals that are (or where) indigenous to our area @Northern Light ?

Looks like Wolf, Rabbit, Beaver, Bear, Chipmunk.

4 out of 5 were recorded in Toronto, this year.

One was not, but it's not too far away, and its close cousin is very much here.

PS, I'm still waiting for my Trash Panda Themed Park from Claude!

Looks like Wolf, Rabbit, Beaver, Bear, Chipmunk.

4 out of 5 were recorded in Toronto, this year.

One was not, but it's not too far away, and its close cousin is very much here.
There also appears to be an owl and otter there too behind that ursine cub.

There also appears to be an owl and otter there too behind that ursine cub.

Depending on the species, but owls are surprisingly common in Toronto......

But even I miss far more than I spot..............they blend in so well and are so still most of the time.

I find them most active at dawn or just before.

I am definitely aware of otters testing out Toronto again, which is great. Though no colonies reside here full-time that I know of........

Only thing about Otters, they do have a very large appetite and so an eco-system needs to be in very good health to sustain them.

Last edited:
Depending on the species, but owls are surprisingly common in Toronto......

But even I miss far more than I spot..............they blend in so well and are so still most of the time.

I find them most active at dawn or just before.

I am definitely aware of otters testing out Toronto again, which is great. Though no colonies reside here full-time that I know of........

Only think about Otters, they do have a very large appetite and so an eco-system needs to be in very good health to sustain them.
I am not denying any of those on display never existed here...

...my only thing going back to the wolf, I thought was a fox or coyote at first (I'm pretty sure it's not a jackal) as those exist in this area too. But upon closer inspection, it's leaning towards a wolf.

I am not denying any of those on display never existed here...

...my only thing going back to the wolf, I thought was a fox or coyote at first (I'm pretty sure it's not a jackal) as those exist in this area too. But upon closer inspection, it's leaning towards a wolf.
Methinks a fox

Waterfront Toronto began work on York Street Park (Love Park) in July 2021, which will be a 2-acre park located at the southern foot of York Street and Queens Quay West in the southern Financial District and Harbourfront neighbourhood.

Due to an unforeseen site condition, our contractor, Somerville Construction, will remove one (1) Siberian Elm tree on site near the southwest corner of the site. This work is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25, 2022. On-site investigations of the soil and root conditions of the existing tree by an arborist in coordination with Urban Forestry revealed that the tree is unstable due to its shallow root conditions. Despite best efforts to save the tree, mitigation of the tree’s instability is not feasible and tree removal was recommended so it will not become a hazard in the future park.

Once the tree is safely removed, it will be replaced with a large shade tree to contribute to the future tree canopy in the park.

Back