Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

Photos taken Sept 21st, 2022: notes: significant progress on forming and wiring (lighting bases are going in quickly), testing patches for paving treatment as well; some waterworks and other items still be be completed, paving, extensive top soil and planting, along w/site furnishing. Depending on crew deployment, year-end is possible, but they're going to have to push a bit.

DSC09680.JPG

DSC09683.JPG

DSC09684.JPG

DSC09685.JPG

DSC09687.JPG

DSC09688.JPG

Paving Patch:

DSC09690.JPG

DSC09692.JPG

DSC09696.JPG

DSC09697.JPG

DSC09700.JPG

DSC09702.JPG

Attachments

• DSC09689.JPG
    DSC09689.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 77
Normally, I don't follow up on sites unless a couple of weeks have passed, but since I was in the area, this one generates keen interest, a few pics, taken October 2nd, 2022:

Note that there has been visible progress with new forming assembled, and lots of additional bases. Still a considerable distance to cover to wrap this one in time for winter (I strongly suspect some plantings will need to wait for spring, but we shall see)

DSC09856.JPG

DSC09857.JPG

DSC09858.JPG

DSC09859.JPG

DSC09860.JPG

Last edited:
I think we are looking at the newly cast exposed aggregate concrete pathway here - nice texture.

AoD
They had poured a sample piece a few weeks ago, if they selected that it will be great. M Cormier conquers again!

I blew up the image to have a good look {just now, and haven't yet figured out a way to share that)......(but I will, I think), LOL

I can confirm, by looking at it that this is a final product path.

Nice choice; a bit different than what was originally spec'ed, and I think that speaks really well of Claude who is great at managing budget and finding a way (a path) to deliver his vision at or close to budget.

The trees I want to have a look at in person. But I'm hopeful based on past achievement. Right time of year for anything that can be fall planted.

This is a super-sized blow-up, so the resolution is a bit fuzzy, it's a trade:

1665629436636.png

You can see there are some deficiencies to work on. But I'm confident that will happen. Definitely not iented to go higher, based on the residual curb height.

Excellent Series @Tunafish13

Looks to me like the vast majority of the trees, if not all of them are in. I think there might be one or two more.

A bit surprised to see so many are leafless at this point, doesn't mean they aren't healthy, may indicate they were sourced from a central or northern Ontario nursery.

Path is looking decent, they've made a fair bit of progress; if they continue to push this hard, I think they could wrap everything but the herbaceous plants by mid-November.

Those would almost certainly have to wait for spring

Last edited:
Tony Vizzini, a PM at Somerville Construction (and hell of a good guy!), posted a video on LinkedIn today of the bronze animals being cast for Love Park. Couldn’t post a link but here a couple of screen shots from his video. FYI: Tony frequently posts drone progress shots of the park on his LinkedIn page. He’s worked on nearly every park in the central waterfront. Worth a follow!
6B70E431-187A-44B0-A114-3F7898AEA19B.jpeg
6E486F4A-24C8-440F-86A4-C030F12A4BCB.jpeg

Tony Vizzini, a PM at Somerville Construction (and hell of a good guy!), posted a video on LinkedIn today of the bronze animals being cast for Love Park. Couldn’t post a link but here a couple of screen shots from his video. FYI: Tony frequently posts drone progress shots of the park on his LinkedIn page. He’s worked on nearly every park in the central waterfront. Worth a follow!
View attachment 433742View attachment 433743

We are getting animals for Love Park? I thought it was only for the Cat Park - more the merrier!

AoD

View attachment 433742View attachment 433743
I didn’t realize there would be animal figures in the park. It’s getting to be more and more like Park Güell!

Back