Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

Waterfront Toronto began work on York Street Park (Love Park) in July 2021, which will be a 2-acre park located at the southern foot of York Street and Queens Quay West in the southern Financial District and Harbourfront neighbourhood.

On Saturday, August 27, our contractor, Somerville Construction, will begin working on occasional Saturdays until the end of November. This weekend work will help to mitigate impacts and delays caused by labour disputes that occurred earlier this year and ongoing supply chain disruptions.

As per the City of Toronto’s bylaw, construction work on Saturday will take place between the hours of 9am-7pm.

As a result of the ongoing supply chain issues and labour disputes that occurred earlier this year, the anticipated substantial completion of the project has been delayed to December 2022. To accommodate the necessary commissioning of the water feature, the park will be opened to the public in spring 2023.

Waterfront Toronto began work on York Street Park (Love Park) in July 2021, which will be a 2-acre park located at the southern foot of York Street and Queens Quay West in the southern Financial District and Harbourfront neighbourhood.

On Saturday, August 27, our contractor, Somerville Construction, will begin working on occasional Saturdays until the end of November. This weekend work will help to mitigate impacts and delays caused by labour disputes that occurred earlier this year and ongoing supply chain disruptions.

As per the City of Toronto’s bylaw, construction work on Saturday will take place between the hours of 9am-7pm.

As a result of the ongoing supply chain issues and labour disputes that occurred earlier this year, the anticipated substantial completion of the project has been delayed to December 2022. To accommodate the necessary commissioning of the water feature, the park will be opened to the public in spring 2023.
Frankly exactly what I expected and really allowing the new landscaping a people-free first winter is a good idea!

Photos taken August 25th, 2022.

Not a lot of visible change, but some new forms and early pathway development.

We're going around the clock from n-w to s-e (or from 10:30am - 4:30pm to make my reference align)

DSC09196.JPG

DSC09197.JPG

DSC09198.JPG

DSC09199.JPG

DSC09200.JPG

DSC09201.JPG

DSC09202.JPG

DSC09203.JPG

DSC09204.JPG

DSC09205.JPG

DSC09206.JPG

DSC09207.JPG

I’m looking forward to seeing the project finished. I hope the park will be dog and skateboard proofed!

I’m looking forward to seeing the project finished. I hope the park will be dog and skateboard proofed!
.... and that PFR will get their act together to maintain it properly! Far too often, the City gets a great park turned over to them and they fail to respect it. Look at the dead & sick trees on the Waterfront Promenade @ the Aqua Buildings, Corus Building and Sugar Beach.

.... and that PFR will get their act together to maintain it properly! Far too often, the City gets a great park turned over to them and they fail to respect it. Look at the dead & sick trees on the Waterfront Promenade @ the Aqua Buildings, Corus Building and Sugar Beach.
Toronto has an absolutely terrible parks department and it really shows. No clue how to perform maintenance other than on basic field and playground style parks.

Toronto has an absolutely terrible parks department and it really shows. No clue how to perform maintenance other than on basic field and playground style parks.
I think that's VERY unfair. PFR has some great people - their problem is that our (now strong!!) Mayor keeps cutting their budget!-

I think that's VERY unfair. PFR has some great people - their problem is that our (now strong!!) Mayor keeps cutting their budget!-
Not necessarily blaming the people themselves, I’m sure many are doing the best they can with the cards they are dealt, but the end results that are delivered, for whatever reason, are rather…. lacking. It’s likely a combo of better management and funding to deliver better maintenance standards.

"Strong!!" because it has less syllables than "autocratic"... >.<

The trees
Off topic: but is it to early for some of the trees to turn colour and start dropping leaves? Or are they dying?
Many of the trees are dehydrated..... There has been very very little water reaching the silva cells -there needs to be some form of mobile irrigation system put in place for the drier months

Back