Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

A beautiful water fountain like the Berzy park one would have been nicer hear than just the luv pond. But either way I can't wait for this to finaly get build was in that area on Saturday and it's sad to see the way it looks now especially with summer, would have been nice to have completed it this summer instead.

You really have to read the presentations/report to understand what CCA was trying to achieve with a pond here.

AoD

Sept 8 2021

The remainder of the Gardiner ramp is coming down today

AE68A57F-3B78-489D-9AFD-913DD594A6DF.jpeg

Quick cell snap from the ground a couple hours ago.

According to @Dustin William, they're working and making an unbelievable racket all night. How is that allowed?? This is clearly not an infrastructure project that desperately needs that kind of fast tracking.

I haven’t noticed them working over the normal Harbour Street loud exhausts and trucks until today with the jackhammer and even that shut down long before dinner. As for night work, the site has always been shutdown long before dark.

I haven’t noticed them working over the normal Harbour Street loud exhausts and trucks until today with the jackhammer and even that shut down long before dinner. As for night work, the site has always been shutdown long before dark.
There is night work at Lower Jarvis - finishing the watermain work - and Lake Shore and Gardiner & Lake Shore @ Don River dealing with Gardiner east demo

I don't understand this obsession with keeping the Gardiner bents in this city. Everyone is clamouring to keep them from the Lake Shore East ramp demolition too. We already kept them close to Leslie.. that's enough.
In an odd way, I like the way they look (without the road on top of it!), and it's also a reminder of what used to be there. Not so much for nostalgia sake, but I think in 10-15 years it would be neat to look at them and recall what had been, and for the young/new folks, it's an extra story point of what they are and were for.

In an odd way, I like the way they look (without the road on top of it!), and it's also a reminder of what used to be there. Not so much for nostalgia sake, but I think in 10-15 years it would be neat to look at them and recall what had been, and for the young/new folks, it's an extra story point of what they are and were for.
sure, but if you want to tell that storey you can go over to Leslie. Plus it's not like this park isn't still immediately beside the remaining portion of the Gardiner. I don't particularly need to be reminded of its existence here, the roar of the traffic noise from it screams it loud enough.

sure, but if you want to tell that storey you can go over to Leslie. Plus it's not like this park isn't still immediately beside the remaining portion of the Gardiner. I don't particularly need to be reminded of its existence here, the roar of the traffic noise from it screams it loud enough.
Exactly. We hardly need a reminder of the Gardiner a few feet from the Gardiner. What's needed here is a good park space for a growing community. Had some of the bents been cleverly incorporated into a different winning design, then fine, but they weren't so I'm not mourning them either.

Exactly. We hardly need a reminder of the Gardiner a few feet from the Gardiner. What's needed here is a good park space for a growing community. Had some of the bents been cleverly incorporated into a different winning design, then fine, but they weren't so I'm not mourning them either.

Love hurts, love scars...

I think the bents would have been most successful not as reminders of a past highway ramp, but as mysterious concrete monoliths stripped of their former context, like some kind of modern stonehenge. But I'm happy to get a Cormier design here and not particularly mourning their loss.

It sure didn't take them long to get the bents down. A number of them already had their footing remove with a few seeing the torch to cut the rebar. Should be clean up early next week to allow the real work to start.

Back