Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

They still have 3 more days and they will still be on schedule. Maybe they will mobilize on Wednesday.:)

No such luck.

Photos taken July 4th, 2021:

1625445321424.png

1625445341021.png

Not a sign of activity of any kind...............they are getting evermore behind schedule!

We are pleased to announce that we have awarded Somerville Construction (HTO Park, Simcoe Wave Decks, Berczy Park) the contract for the construction of York Street Park (Love Park). Initial mobilization will begin on site on July 15 to establish the construction area and move equipment onto site, including:
  1. Construction fence reinforcement
  2. Tree protection
  3. Equipment/trailer setup on site
Major site work (e.g. bent demolition and earthworks) will not begin for another few weeks until the project team has finalized the construction schedule and construction management plan.

A beautiful water fountain like the Berzy park one would have been nicer hear than just the luv pond. But either way I can't wait for this to finaly get build was in that area on Saturday and it's sad to see the way it looks now especially with summer, would have been nice to have completed it this summer instead.

Everyone is waiting for the city to approve the environment plan before work can get underway with the removal of the bents/piers. York St east sidewalk will be close off once things starts with the main access to the site off York.

Plan to have the park open in Sept 2022 with no official date due to weather, unknowns at this time and will be know close to completion.

Schedule not set in stone and subject to changes.

The subcontractor doing the removal of the bent/piers is on stand by to start work once the approval has been given and will take about a week to remove them.

LoveParkSchedule.JPG

Everyone is waiting for the city to approve the environment plan before work can get underway with the removal of the bents/piers. York St east sidewalk will be close off once things starts with the main access to the site off York.

Plan to have the park open in Sept 2022 with no official date due to weather, unknowns at this time and will be know close to completion.

Schedule not set in stone and subject to changes.

The subcontractor doing the removal of the bent/piers is on stand by to start work once the approval has been given and will take about a week to remove them.

View attachment 342415
Well that sucks. It's unfortunate it could not be completed for the summer months at least July/August people will only start to enjoy in the fall. Bad planning for nice new park if you ask me. At least they have a schedule now I guess.

Well that sucks. It's unfortunate it could not be completed for the summer months at least July/August people will only start to enjoy in the fall. Bad planning for nice new park if you ask me. At least they have a schedule now I guess.
It was the late bidding and awarding of the contract as well needing the environment plan approval causing the late opening. Not sure when the environment plan surface that had to be approve first surface. Contract was to been awarded back in April, not the current date. Even early this year that park wasn't to open tell the fall if I remember correctly.

You will see water in the pond next summer during the testing stage and maybe a few weeks after it open, otherwise it will be drain for the winter months.

Waterfront Toronto began work on York Street Park (Love Park) in July 2021, which will be a 2-acre park located at the southern foot of York Street and Queens Quay West in the southern Financial District and Harbourfront neighbourhood.

As part of this work, our contractor, Somerville Construction, is finalizing the approvals needed to begin demolition work to remove the ‘bents’ — concrete pillars used to support the former York-Bay-Yonge eastbound off-ramp from the Gardiner Expressway.

On-site preparations have begun, and demolition of the bents is expected to begin September 8 and take approximately five to eight days to complete. Demolition work will take place between the hours of 7am-7pm Monday to Friday in compliance with the City’s noise By-law.

Loud noise is expected during the demolition, as well as an increase in dust and construction vehicle traffic. During construction, the east sidewalk at York Street between Queens Quay and Harbour Street will be closed to pedestrian traffic. Pedestrians will be re-routed to the sidewalk on the west side of York Street.

Waterfront Toronto will continue to provide construction updates as plans are finalized and work progresses.

Back