Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

They are running about 6-9 months behind scheduled for work to be done on this project. Construction was to start last fall with the removal of the piers and work on the park.

With the issuing of the RFP this week and assuming tender close in 30 days or so, the awarding of the contract, we will be lucky to see work start by March.

As for the red, can't recall if that was the final color at our last meeting a year ago. It’s possible some changes were made after that meeting unknown to the group.

All for, like, you know, the 'Gram!

Ok....that's it............you've now made me think the theme of this park was started by BlogTo!

Stories on where to be seen, and what to be seen doing; even if you don't care, don't understand, don't like, it doesn't matter; just pose and post; and then write the caption incorrectly.

They are running about 6-9 months behind scheduled for work to be done on this project. Construction was to start last fall with the removal of the piers and work on the park.

With the issuing of the RFP this week and assuming tender close in 30 days or so, the awarding of the contract, we will be lucky to see work start by March.

As for the red, can't recall if that was the final color at our last meeting a year ago. It’s possible some changes were made after that meeting unknown to the group.
Thanks for sharing. Is this a publicly held meeting where you get these updates?

This is the Toronto Parks Capital budget; with cash flowing this year and next:

1610723287437.png

The budget is larger than what's showing; this is money just from one source.

But budget here is 7.6M

This project is in the written notes section (its taking me a while to work my way through!)

View attachment 294174

Total budget is 13M from all sources.

The last I heard that only part of the park is to be build due to budget issues and this is going back to 2019. Construction was to started last fall and only going out to tender now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I reading correctly that the park was supposed to start in November, will now start in Spring 2021, but there are still no delays anticipated? They first said completion was in 2023, and now it's December 2022, so I don't think dates are being taken very seriously anyway.

Perhaps I don't have an appreciation for how complex this park is, but this has been a huge disappointment as far as timelines go. It should not take five years *after a design has been selected* to construct an 80x80m park.

Frankly, in this day and age you would be absolutely silly to not design a brand new downtown park to be instagrammable.

Do you want the park to be used and highly trafficked or do you want a repeat of June Callwood Park?

Thankfully, Claude Cormier understands this.

The CCA website for the project has some pics of the glass tile mockup:

They look superb.

AoD

Back