Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

gbelan

Member Bio
Reaction score
i dont know if there is a thread for london condos so i will post these pics here

100_0041.jpg

100_0042.jpg

It is slow but Murano has been much slower.

Much slower? This one seems slower to me, but I could be wrong. Anyone have the stats? This sounds like a job for Mike in TO to me...

Murano broke ground in March 2006 - not sure when London broke ground. I believe Murano has a deeper pit due to 6 levels of underground parking. I don't have stats for London, but I believe it is either 4 or 5 levels of parking.

London is deep. Also it has water issues to deal with, which Murano also had to deal with. London will start to rise pretty quick now that the lowest level is done.

I just realized...

...That that novetel building looks like a knockoff of a building I lived beside in Montreal. (I assume the hotel is some 80's fake construction?) So we've got a bit of London, some French quarter and Quebecois architecture all within one nabe ... in Toronto? Ha. You know I do often wonder: this city is filled with many immigrants from creative cultures worldwide--Portuguese, Iranians, etc--yet why when they move here they buy the same old crap everyone has been buying for years? Maybe developers should realize: these newer canadians are sophisticated and come from societies where flair and colourful buildings are embraced--so let's start building stuff like that in the GTA!

Just a thought while we watch the Brits invade the Esplanade--British Plumbers anyone...?

The Novotel has always struck me as Parisian knockoff, more than any reference to anything in Montreal (which is obviously Paris-influenced itself).

Novotel is from France - I have always assumed that the architecture of the building was in service of the brand, and not a reflection on Toronto's grasping airs.

Back