Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

What ever happened to the glass shortage that they were talking about:confused: I forget

Yeah, does anybody have any updates on this? I purchased in the East tower and am FREAKING OUT about this. I am sure it's not a big deal but the quote before about the project being cancelled did NOT sit well!! I walk past the site everyday and it does seem like the last 2 floors of the West tower are taking forever to get windows put in. I received a move in date of April 1st. (better not be a joke!) I am hoping this doesn't delay it! Anyone with any more info?
:confused:

You mean this?

I am sad to report that the rumour Gei may have heard may have some truth to it.
Resulting from the on going serious world wide glass shortage, this particular shade of once very common dark green glass that the builder has been using (Kentucky Blue Glass) has become virtually impossible to acquire.
The shortage has become so serious, the builder is considering reducing this building back down six or seven floors.
On the bright side of all this, I am happy to say that I may now be the owner of a penthouse!
The latest I heard is that Cityzen reps were in north France (Calais) yesterday at a glass manufactuer where they were checkiing out a possible replacement source to import. Unfortunatly the glass tint was far too light.
They will be checking out another source today in the south of France.
Hopefully we will all find out if the glass is greener on the other side of France.
I'll keep you all posted.:D

That was a joke...

Can I just get a serious answer please? I KNOW they are not going to cancel the project. Straight answer regarding the glass shortage and apparent delay please.

Last edited:
Granny's Kentucky Blue Glass post was a complete joke Ash, and a pretty good one. Who knows what the delay's about.

In regards to move in dates, the builder is allowed certain delays but they must inform you within a proscribed time frame. You can read the rules in this thread.

Ok. Glad to hear it was a joke...I did think that was an odd name for the glass. I would have told my friends it had a different name when they come to visit! Weird coincidence though...those last 2 floors' are taking forever. I know that the developer is allowed extensions etc. I remember that from my last place! Sux. Well hopefully no more delays. Thank you!
:D

Ok. Glad to hear it was a joke...I did think that was an odd name for the glass. I would have told my friends it had a different name when they come to visit! Weird coincidence though...those last 2 floors' are taking forever. I know that the developer is allowed extensions etc. I remember that from my last place! Sux. Well hopefully no more delays. Thank you!
:D

If you received a firm move in date (April 4 for me in the east tower) then they can not move that date by more than a week or they face stiff penalties. I'm not sure what they are but I believe they have to pay for your living expenses if they go past that limit.

So if you have a firm date you can relax cause that's pretty much a guarantee you'll be moving in that day or very close to it.

.... also :) ... another hint to granny's joke was... 'The glass is always greener'

oh ok cool. I was gonna check my contract to see how many more extensions they had! What floor did you buy on?

Back