Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

From Queen

this is pretty random, but i kinda wish the building was more diamond shaped in footprint (I'm only saying this cause the north/south faces of Shangri-la are a little boring in contrast to the east/west sides.).. like where that strip is down the middle of the tower woulda looked cool if a little pushed out and angles like the other sides.

It has a lot of subtle details, but still seems somewhat lacking in excitement as a landmark. In the way it dominates University Avenue and considering its exclusivity, bolder architecture would be more appropriate.

Shangri-La Reflected
July 1, 2013
Shagri-La Reflection_filtered_small.jpg

Attachments

• Shagri-La Reflection_filtered_small.jpg
    Shagri-La Reflection_filtered_small.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 783
Beautifully surreal. Do you use a DSLR and bracket your shots or is this an auto-hdr feature? If its option 1 please share your camera and bracketing settings and which software you use to process (looks photomatix-esque, so I am just curious).

Thanks Midtowner,

Good eye - It is photomatix. Lens was a Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 and camera was a Nikon D600. Was taken from the traffic median on University and is comprised of 3 shots bracketed 2 stops apart.

Thanks for the info :D Keep up the great work!

FYI, fountain just south of Queen has been restored ... its simple, but nice (though they should have repainted the pad at the bottom).

They are still working on the fountain north of Queen.

Taken today:
IMO, Shangri-la the most beautiful Toronto skyscraper built in the last decade.

DSC_0205 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0204 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0202 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0203 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0201 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0200 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr
DSC_0199 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0198 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0149 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0120 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

DSC_0116 by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

Entertainment District Pano by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr