Toronto Liv Lofts | ?m | 15s | FRAM + Slokker | Giannone Petricone

Looks good

LivLofts+Rendering.JPG

argg... no!

I really don't understand the rational behind this ... why convert a perfect fine commerical building - and it's relatively full last time I checked a few office vacancy reports for the building.
The imperial oil build on St.Clair is one thing, and maybe more understandable ... but this! ...

And for a second my heart filled with glee over the assumption that one of the ugly parking lots along Don Mills was going to die for this...*sigh*

The reason why there are relatively few vacancy reports in that building is because CF is clearing out the building so they can convert it to lofts. I think the building is half occupied right now, and will continue to decline as leases expire. Any new tenants will be short term tenants on month to month, so they can be removed when construction starts.

From my understanding, conversions are cheaper than a rebuild.

The reason why there are relatively few vacancy reports in that building is because CF is clearing out the building so they can convert it to lofts. I think the building is half occupied right now, and will continue to decline as leases expire. Any new tenants will be short term tenants on month to month, so they can be removed when construction starts.

From my understanding, conversions are cheaper than a rebuild.

Yep, your right on - I took a look again it's now 30-40% empty and as you said they're probably not leasing.

It's just really disappointing ... I guess the only argument is the shops at don mills added quite a bit of space on the second floor of all the retail - probably not enough to make up for this one building ... and we want more / not the same or less.

The city shouldn't allow conversions like this less in special cases i.e. the St. Clair building - which likely needs millions in renovation and was sitting empty ...

They wouldn't be converting it to condos if the building was viable as office space . They made do with low cost tenants but, eventually maintenance will outstrip income. I've been in this building. It's needs a massive , expensive overhaul in the worst way. The city wouldn't be helping itself by not allowing this conversion.

They wouldn't be converting it to condos if the building was viable as office space . They made do with low cost tenants but, eventually maintenance will outstrip income. I've been in this building. It's needs a massive , expensive overhaul in the worst way. The city wouldn't be helping itself by not allowing this conversion.

You may have a point, but I can guarnetee you a year a go or so it was just about 100% full of low cost tenants ... and I'm somewhat confused by this statement. What's a lot cost tenant ? As in they don't care if the building is updated ?

I've been in this building. It's needs a massive , expensive overhaul in the worst way.

Maybe utility-wise. But I've been there, too. And I didn't mind that down-home 60s/70s office-lobby exhilaration, to the point where my preferred "overhaul" would have been more restorative. (Not that a condo conversion wouldn't keep a little of that spirit, of course.)

Liv Lofts (Don Mills Ctr., FRAM, Giannone Petricone, 15s)

The next condominium tower in the Don Mills Centre redevelopment project ... Liv Lofts, being a conversion of the existing office building at 75 The Donway West to turn it into a 15 storey condo with 12 suites per typical floor:

building_large.jpg

Lobby Entrance:
entrance_large.jpg

15th Floor Rooftop Terrace:
rooftopameneties_large.jpg

Information Brochure:
- building location in Don Mill Centre shown on page 4
- ground and top floor amenities shown on page 15

Liv Lofts will be located to the right / south of the previous phase, Reflections (shown in green on the scaled model):

Registration website:
http://www.livlofts.com/

Last edited:
Well, no doubt you've all been wondering what's been going on at Liv Lofts, but it seems that we have no-one who goes through Don Mills with their camera, so, it's been a while…

P1420786.jpg

P1420787.jpg

P1420788.jpg

Attachments

• P1420786.jpg
    P1420786.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 2,823
  • P1420787.jpg
    P1420787.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 1,565
  • P1420788.jpg
    P1420788.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Liv Lofts, a conversion of an existing office building, was the second development completed at the Shops at Don Mills. It's been open for about two years now.

DSC08782.jpg
DSC08784.jpg

Just to the south of the building is a children's play area in a parkette which has been turned over to the City.
DSC08786.jpg
DSC08788.jpg

Nice sculpture. Sorel Etrog maybe? Anyone know? To me it looks a like Moore channelled by Etrog.
DSC08789.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08782.jpg
    DSC08782.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC08784.jpg
    DSC08784.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC08786.jpg
    DSC08786.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 597
  • DSC08788.jpg