image.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 686
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 683
This is a rental building, and they have excavation permits filed, so it looks like it is starting.

I'm confused by this comment and the database entry, because this development is indicated as 210 Condo units (not rental) in the project data sheet that Froggy linked to two pages back (post #36).

see: Project Data Sheet Jul 27, 2017 Download

Did something change?

Last edited:
@ponyboy, that's the only documentation that I can find explicitly states what the tenure is. Everything else I can find simply states residential.

Because they are going ahead with the construction without having advertised the suites for sale, it's probably going to be rental… but then they did change the tenure to condo down at Kingly Condos and put them up for sale when the project was already under construction. RioCan could do the same again here, I suppose… but the switch at Kingly quickly followed the Province's new rent control expansion, and here they've had more time to digest it, and maybe they aren't so concerned now.

As @innsertnamehere has industry insight, and as it would still be atypical to build condos without going to market in advance, I am keeping "rental" in the database file.

In this case, I don't have any "insider info". I'm judging it is rental given that the architectural plans in their December site plan submission have a room labelled "leasing office" off of the lobby.

okay, we'll see. I'd love to see more rental. Also, how many units? It says 122 units in the database, but 210 units in the datasheet.

Hey guys.

How do you think this will affect residential property values along Dupont? I see some houses still selling for a pretty good price once in a while along that stretch. Likey due to it being a busy street and still a bit eclectic mic of retail, residential, and industrial. Thinking possible residential conversions to commercial or just as income property - a good investment?

Hey guys.

How do you think this will affect residential property values along Dupont? I see some houses still selling for a pretty good price once in a while along that stretch. Likey due to it being a busy street and still a bit eclectic mic of retail, residential, and industrial. Thinking possible residential conversions to commercial or just as income property - a good investment?

I would say good investment, if it can be converted to commercial or multi-unit residential. Particularly after the handful of midrise projects in the area are finished.

Wow, the Dupont and Christie area is already Groceryland, but the selection in the area is just going to get better and better.

Back