Toronto Litho. | 36.88m | 8s | RioCan Living | Turner Fleischer

No pictures but the Grand Touring/Rover/Jaguar signs were reportedly taken down today (source is a neighbour sharing the news on our FB neighbourhood group).

No pictures but the Grand Touring/Rover/Jaguar signs were reportedly taken down today (source is a neighbour sharing the news on our FB neighbourhood group).

What's the name of the FB group? (I live in the neighbourhood!)

That dovetails nicely with @skycandy's post in the Grand Touring Automobiles thread for their new digs on Dundas.

This can be confirmed.

20171202_153156.jpg

Attachments

• 20171202_153156.jpg
    20171202_153156.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 652
The interior was being gutted when I passed by on the bus this morning. Also, a bunch of new documents were uploaded on December 11 on the Development Application page for this project - including updated crash wall report, derailment protection plan, architectural plans, geothecnical study, etc. Is this project moving ahead now?

EDIT: here's a rendering I don't think I had seen before - from the architectural plans:
7401.PNG

Attachments

• 7401.PNG
    7401.PNG
    953.6 KB · Views: 728
I reached out to the City planner who owns this file with a number of questions; here's part of his response:

The reporting out on this application to Toronto and East York Community Council is a number of months off at the moment as Riocan has yet to satisfy our rail safety consultant HATCH with their design of the rear crash wall among other matters.

Lots of projects indeed. And the resulting effect on land values is ensuring that that unless developers are prepared to ask premium prices for track side units, things will probably stagnate soon. The Dupont by-law and OPA have created hard zoning envelopes for everything on the north side from Spadina to Ossington, envelopes which have just been further reinforced in the 328 Dupont OMB decision.

Bianca did sell out at $1050+ a foot, but once people start moving in and living with the noise and vibration that accompany their new unit, I'd be a bit surprised if many were happy long term. Could be wrong though!

Lots of projects in the works - bring back the Dupont streetcar.
St. Clair Streetcar sent down Runnymede, through the Junction and then onto Dupont?

Or maybe end the St. Clair Streetcar towards Dundas West Station and make use of the new infrastructure to then have a separate streetcar service on Dupont from Dundas West Station to Dupont Station?

Dupont will be just fine with buses, just increase the service and things would be ok. There's no point creating a streetcar line in mixed use traffic which would just create more traffic headaches.

Dupont will be just fine with buses, just increase the service and things would be ok. There's no point creating a streetcar line in mixed use traffic which would just create more traffic headaches.

Cars create more traffic headaches.

Back