Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

One of my neighbours got this reply from Adam Vaughn's office last week about Fort York Blvd and Bathurst:
"Thanks for your enquiry about the Fort York-Bathurst connection. This connection will be constructed by the developers who are operating in this area, in accordance with their development agreements. I've been regularly in touch with them to try and ensure that it's carried out as soon as possible as we know that it's a priority. The construction drawings have been finalized and a contractor has been hired to carry out the work. City staff are in the process of finalizing the permits for the work to be carried out, and it's estimated that the work should take about a month to be completed. There are some utilities that are required to be relocated and traffic signals to be installed. I continue to push them to make this happen as soon as possible. "

Even getting a pedestrian walkway open would be a huge bonus for the area. Walking home from the Ex a few weeks ago I was struck by how much more a part of the city CityPlace would feel if it was a through connection between the Ex grounds and the attractions along Bremner

Even getting a pedestrian walkway open would be a huge bonus for the area. Walking home from the Ex a few weeks ago I was struck by how much more a part of the city CityPlace would feel if it was a through connection between the Ex grounds and the attractions along Bremner

Connections like that are important. Some residents may say they prefer the disconnect, but there's a lot more to be gained from connection for everyone.

Crane is coming down

rvyrn4F.jpg

Oct 14th

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,164
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,179
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,142
this is interesting, look at the hand railing in this picture from the
Toronto library website.
its thin and white, however the hand railing on the bridge right now
is black and thick.
could this mean a new bridge is coming to this area?

fort york 2.jpg

Attachments

• fort york 2.jpg
    fort york 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,050
Toronto library website.
is black and thick.

This is a rendering BUT, eventually, yes - see info in Post 376 above.

Toronto library website.
is black and thick.
Yes, but there areno confirmed dates yet. And that's a rendering which pretty much ignores the fact that a bridge even exists :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bridge replacement has been delayed until the Stachan overpass and Dufferin bridge work has been finished to prevent all 3 crossings from being restricted at once.

Back