Toronto Liberty Market Tower | 99.97m | 28s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Today from the QEW:

CFFAAD07-CC58-44C5-8A02-6E917219D24C.jpeg

The retail and landscaping on this building will be very important to the businesses located in the Galleria that connect this to Hanna Ave. For years, the businesses there have struggled with virtually zero foot traffic despite it being a very cool looking place. I have seen many businesses come and go over the years there, unfortunately. If this building can create a reason to pull people off East Liberty Street and create a trail to walk around Brazen Head, they would almost certainly continue walking through the Galleria.

The pics show potential as it looks like they are connecting retail spaces to the existing structure. Great landscaping or public art would probably help pull people in so hopefully that is being considered. Here's hoping as it would be great for all those businesses.

Attachments

• galleria.jpg
    galleria.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 218
There's a real variation in quality depending on the supplier and cost. Recall that the Florian and Ace Hotel also have such panels affixed.

Yeah, the brick looks fine, if unremarkable, to me; to my eye, the big miss on materiality are the sections with the black aluminum paneling, which just looks flat and cheap.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 12.03.25 PM.png

Seeing Lifetime and their cheap styled cladding (which looks like it will peel off) at any moment really infuriates me. Time and time again they use the cheapest materials possible, and dont even bother ti give any effort to use quality.

I just saw how much the pre construction condos are going for, average price per sq ft is $1350. Is it worth it to buy a 3 bedroom pre construction or settle for something cheaper in resale considering I work in Liberty village?

Back