Toronto Liberty Market Tower | 99.97m | 28s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

All good points Hipster. I can add a little info though.

The strip mall will be replaced at least in part in the future with a more urban solution. There is no timetable for that yet though.

The development will get a new east-west road along its southern edge running from Strachan through to Dufferin, connected to LV by southerly extensions to a few of the north-south roads. It's needed already, but the first phase goes under construction in 2013 I believe.

Without a doubt, there is not enough park space.

I believe the heritage Williams Machinery building on site just to the east of the Metro store which currently functions as a sales centre, will become the community centre. I'm not sure what the facilities will be inside it.

The current strip of stores inside the laneway, will those be lost as part of this ?

Is the entire warehouse building being torn down ?

I think you and I are talking about different stores. The strip inside the laneway at the Liberty Market Building stays AFAIK. Also, if the warehouse you are referring to is the Liberty Market Building, then no it's not all coming down, you can see that in the renderings.

So, if I have identified your concerns correctly, I'm not sure why you quoted my post, which is concerned with other buildings close by.

I think you and I are talking about different stores. The strip inside the laneway at the Liberty Market Building stays AFAIK. Also, if the warehouse you are referring to is the Liberty Market Building, then no it's not all coming down, you can see that in the renderings.

So, if I have identified your concerns correctly, I'm not sure why you quoted my post, which is concerned with other buildings close by.

Didn't realize the laneway with all the stores was in a different building ..

Looking at the rendering more closely though you can clearly see its only the back part of the warehouse that is coming down. Also considering they are planning on adding 100K of office space with this development, along with retail ... I think this is a win / win for the area.

So take out the handsome industrial building, but leave the massive parking lot to the west untouched. Nice. Ordinarily I don't mind the condo projects in LV, but for this one I'll make an exception.

171 East Liberty Street
Zoning Amendment Application - Preliminary Report

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/pg/bgrd/backgroundfile-55186.pdf

This application proposes to permit the redevelopment of the most easterly portion of the site with a 32-storey mixed-use building consisting of ground floor retail, office floorspace on the 2nd to 7th storeys, residential units on the 8th to 32nd storeys and three levels of underground parking. A two-storey portion of the existing building at the east part of the site is proposed to be demolished to facilitate the proposed development.

While the subject application for a zoning by-law amendment is considered by staff to be complete, the application is also considered to be premature, as it proposes
residential uses, other than live/work units, within an area designated 'Employment Areas' by the City of Toronto Official Plan. In order to consider the currently
proposed development, City Planning Staff require the submission of an Official Plan Amendment application to proposeresidential uses, other than live/work units,
in an Employment Area designation.

Condos and brews, especially after exams are done? I'm down for this meeting, lol.

http://mikelayton.ca/public-meeting-for-171-east-liberty-st

Public Meeting for 171 East Liberty St

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about this application ask questions and share your comments. Details are as follows:

Date: Monday May 6, 2013
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Place: 165 East Liberty Street – The Brazen Head – 3rd floor

This application proposes to permit the redevelopment of the most easterly portion of the site with a 32-storey mixed-use building consisting of ground floor retail, office floorspace on the 2nd to 7th storeys, residential units on the 8th to 32nd storeys and three levels of underground parking. A two-storey portion of the existing building at the east part of the site is proposed to be demolished to facilitate the proposed development.

171 EAST LIBERTY ST
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for site plan approval for a 28 storey mixed use building with 283 residential units and 4 levels of underground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 266871 STE 19 SA Dec 22, 2014 Under Review

New drawings have been posted up from December 28, 2016.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3214227&isCofASearch=false

01.JPG
02.JPG

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 710
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 849

Back