Toronto Liberty Market Tower | 99.97m | 28s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3214227

Rezoning application to permit the development of the most easterly portion of the existing site with a 32 storey live work building complete with ground floor retail, six stories of office space, 25 stories of residential live work above. A 2 storey portion of the existing building would be demolished to facilitate the proposed development.

This points to the Brazen Head Pub. I hope they are joking. Why not just kill everything that's left at Liberty (which isn't much).

32 more storeys in Liberty Village. And not even on the outskirts near Strachan or something, right smack in the middle. And while we're at it let's tear down what brought a lot of people to Liberty in the first place, The Liberty Market building, who needs it? You've got to be kidding me.

Last edited:
This is adding insult to injury.
The Brazen Head building is really cool (and a great pub), they can't be serious about tearing it down including the smokestack.

Looks like they're demolishing the south eastern part of the building (Casalife, Kingwest Fitness, etc). Brazen/the rest of 171 will hopefully remain. The area is so damn ugly now :(

Looks like they're demolishing the south eastern part of the building (Casalife, Kingwest Fitness, etc). Brazen/the rest of 171 will hopefully remain. The area is so damn ugly now :(

I think it is the west side where it meets Hanna. The application lists 2 addresses, 171 East Liberty and 37 Hanna.

Asmegin is right. Brazen head will not be touched. This is the south easterly portion of the building and will frame the eastern entrance with lots of additional retail, and office space.

Do they plan on doing something with Liberty Street? The street is gridlocked now and there are a good 5+ condos under construction right now..

There is a transportation study happening in LV to alleviate the congestion along East Liberty. I'm not sure if a final plan has been decided on yet, but it's definitely in the works.

I like how that first image makes Liberty Street look like it's five lanes wide, as opposed to a narrow four-lane with two of those lost to street parking.

This whole neighbourhood is just one long wasted opportunity. It's pretty depressing.

Back