Member Bio
Reaction score
new mall in far northeastern Scarborough:

lesso.JPG

Attachments

• lesso.JPG
    lesso.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 3,112
resurrected on the same site of the previously failed Landmark Mall, followed by Mady's Mosaic Shopping Centre

sure hope 3rd time's a charm !

Super old article but from what I gather these two old houses on site are still planned to be retained and restored among the future (eventual) redevelopment:

Super old article but from what I gather these two old houses on site are still planned to be retained and restored among the future (eventual) redevelopment:

That is correct. In the 2018 submission of the Lesso Mall development, which is still active, it shows that they will be repurposing the heritage houses.
Lesso (2).png

Looks gaudy and dated. I've seen more aesthetically appealing retail centres here in Bradford. Kill it with fire, or at least leave the land east of the State Crown extension alone.

The Lesso Mall sign that has been on this vacant land for what seemed like over 20 years, is now gone.😢
The plot was recently sold to Jim Pattinson who will build a 400,000 sq ft warehouse and distribution center. Everyone in the area desired/anticipated a new mall or housing, or both, for this 20-year period since the sign was put up. We are underwhelmed, to say the least

The Lesso Mall sign that has been on this vacant land for what seemed like over 20 years, is now gone.😢
The plot was recently sold to Jim Pattinson who will build a 400,000 sq ft warehouse and distribution center. Everyone in the area desired/anticipated a new mall or housing, or both, for this 20-year period since the sign was put up. We are underwhelmed, to say the least
How do you know this? I can't find anything related to the land being sold off.

Serious question…

There are so many malls, plazas, etc, in the area, that most are starving for customers now. What was it you were expecting from this mall that isn't already available in the area?

You were on point (as if there was ever any doubt, LOL)

This one is up for a Decision Report, Approval Recommended, to the next meeting of SCC.

It is indeed a warehouse now.

The approval does come with an 'H' though.

1704729047602.png

Back