Mississauga Lakeview Village | ?m | ?s | Argo Developments | Sasaki

Amazing project. However one major negative. Right beside a waste water treatment plant.
Exactly. I know when I have dropped by the site and there has been an east wind blowing it absolutely stinks!

It would e cool if the streetcar were to be extended here. Won't happen I'm sure, though.

I don't know, once Hurontario LRT is done and is hopefully a success, maybe the tone on a Lakeshore LRT will have changed. Also, with these new massive developments happening along Lakeshore, the new density could easily warrant an LRT line.

DJI_0391.JPG
DJI_0384.JPG
DJI_0401.JPG
DJI_0389.JPG

Last edited:
Press release:

LAKEVIEW COMMUNITY PARTNERS LIMITED SELECTS SASAKI AS LEAD MASTER PLAN ARCHITECT FOR LAKEVIEW VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT
Boston-based design firm chosen to refine master plan after global search​
MISSISSAUGA, ON – March 28, 2019 - Lakeview Community Partners Limited (“LCPL”) is pleased toannounce the selection of globally-renowned design firm Sasaki as Lead Master Plan Architect for the development of Lakeview Village in Mississauga. Sasaki was chosen to help refine and improve the initial master plan, concluding an international search that included interest from more than 30 local and global firms.​
“We’re excited to have Sasaki join the Lakeview team,” said Fabio Mazzocco, President, Lakeview Community Partners Limited. “We have a unique opportunity to transform Mississauga’s waterfront, and Sasaki’s international experience will help us to not only create a destination in the Greater TorontoArea, but a model for future mixed-use waterfront development around the world.”​
“The vision that has been outlined for Lakeview Village is remarkable, and we’re thrilled to be a part of the planning and design process,” said Dennis Pieprz, Principal, Sasaki. “It’s rare to find a project of thissize and scope anywhere in the world, and Lakeview Community Partners’ commitment to excellence will make Mississauga’s waterfront a world leader in architecture and urban design.”​
The development will transform the site of the decommissioned Lakeview coal-fired power plant, creating a model in sustainable mixed-use development. The 177-acre project will include thousands of residential units, more than 100,000 square feet of prime retail space, up to 825,000 square feet of employment space, and create as many as 4,500 long-term jobs, while providing public access to this portion of the Lake Ontario waterfront for the first time in decades.​
“Lakeview Village will be waterfront revitalization done right. We’re honoured to bring the lake back to the people of Mississauga and we’re committed to creating a development that will rival the world’s most acclaimed projects,” continued Mr. Mazzocco.​
Sasaki is based in Boston, Massachusetts and has worked on globally-recognized projects including Chicago’s Riverwalk, the 798 Arts District in Beijing, and the brownfield redevelopment of Las Salinas in Viña del Mar, Chile. Sasaki was named to ARCHITECT Magazine’s 2018 Architect 50 list.​

No renderings were issued with the press release, so no front page story until we get a look at how tis is shaping up under Sasaki.

Mississauga should've been responsible for developing Toronto's waterfront. Now this is what I call having a vision.

Back