Burlington Lakeside Plaza | ?m | 18s | Glanelm Property Management | Cynthia Zahoruk Architects

wopchop

Building Toronto
Member Bio
Reaction score
Redevelopment of old Lakeside Plaza that includes a mix of single storey, mid-rise and high-rise buildings that provided 900 new residential units, 2,700 square metres of office space and 11,955 square metres of service commercial and retail uses.

Development Application: https://www.burlington.ca/en/news/current-development-projects/lakeside-plaza.aspx

Google Streetview:

5353_Lakeshore_Road_Concept_AerialPerspective.jpg
LakesidePlaza_05062018.png
Conceptual rendering_Super_Portrait.jpg
pasted image 0.png

Last edited:
I think this is the second try at this needed redevelopment of the worlds largest Tim Hortons parking lot. The first design flamed out. Lets see how the second does. There are a large concentration of seniors in the area, and an outdated arena complex just to the north. It will be interesting to see if any of those are tied into the development. And then Lakeshore itself - will there be room for designated bike lanes, maybe not large enough to address the weekend pelotons, but more specifically separated from traffic for other bikers in a busy area.

The Planning Report is still the one from 2018. * (they've changed it, though, it references a by-law passed in 2020.............very sloppy)

What Burlington's site says on this is as follows:

1660582064713.png

1660582093730.png

1660582132860.png

Last edited:
And this photo is from the existing Lakeside Plaza, and wow, do we need to be doing a better job. This is a shot of the current existing outdoor play area for a local day care facility. Anyone see any issues with what is depicted?

i was going to have a look again at the documentation that is part of the redevelopment application to see what if anything it mentions about daycare.

IMG_2728.jpeg

Who will be the construction management company?
Unless you have other knowledge, this project has not yet received approvals to proceed and I am not sure anyone is aware yet of the final ‘team’ that will bring the promised revised plan to the planning process. The site itself is emptying of tenants gradually.

Unless you have other knowledge, this project has not yet received approvals to proceed and I am not sure anyone is aware yet of the final ‘team’ that will bring the promised revised plan to the planning process. The site itself is emptying of tenants gradually.
thanks for the info, I feel sorry for the people who have already purchased :/

Back