Toronto Lago at the Waterfront | 162.15m | 50s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

I hope they go with this rendering only because the building (phase 2) in front of Lago is only 7 or 8 stories (I have a unit on the 12th floor). Aside from the color of the glass, looks very similiar to the previous rendering.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that the second phase is 14 storeys. Compare its height to the every-four-floor pattern of the first phase tower. You will have a view of the lake between buildings.

I've seen that render before, it's from the design review panel. They were/are (presumably) still musing about lowering the height of the smaller tower and adding it to the taller one. Lago might gain height from this one.

Love the sales pavilion glass.
monarch-lago-sales-pavilion-19-08-2011-2.jpg

Wow... :eek:
Should of looked in this thread sooner, that sales center is absolutely stunning. Now why exactly have they not employed this kind of detail in their highrise designs?

When developers add more floors (i.e. 5 floors), do they just add one to every 10 floors or something? or would they add all 5 from the bottom? the top?

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that the second phase is 14 storeys. Compare its height to the every-four-floor pattern of the first phase tower. You will have a view of the lake between buildings.

As far as I've heard from sales centre, this is more accurate. The short building will be on the Lake Shore side which will be around 5 floors. Marine Parade side will be a 14-16 storey.

Robert poses an interesting question though - what happens when they add floors?
Ideally they'd just add it to the top for best value, but they'd piss off the PH customers. They wouldn't just add at the bottom, because they'd be lower value.

is it just me or they only have information on the main building (49 storeys).
They barely have any information on the 5 floors building (by Lake Shore) and definitely 0 information on the 14-16 floors building (by Marine Parade).

speaking with someone from Monarch yesterday, they told me that Lago is 72% sold....so looking good for an eventual construction start...

According to the most recent Condo Guide, this project is now under construction. Presumably we should be expecting equipment on site soon.

Looks like Lago now has its zoning amendment permission as of today's City Council.

The Lake Shore commercial building will be 3 storeys tall. The tower will be 49 storeys. The lake side building will be 14 storeys. No transfer of storeys between buildings and no additional storeys added.

Updated map:

HumberBayShoresCtrMap4960.jpg

Attachments

• HumberBayShoresCtrMap4960.jpg
    HumberBayShoresCtrMap4960.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:

Back