Toronto Lago at the Waterfront | 162.15m | 50s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

I wonder how tall the building just east of it between the lake will be. From the rendering it almost look like the building will be right by the waterfront separated only by a park or something.

Here's what I know about in the area at the moment. If anyone knows any better, please let me know and I'll fix the map.

HumberBayShoresCtrMap.jpg

Thanks I-42 for compiling the Master Key Plan ... it helps a great deal in contextualizing all the new projects in Humber Bay Shores (west)

if lago is not immediatly at Marine pad.. its seperated by something...who knows its gona be a park (seems unlikely) or a mid-rise tower ~20 floor. I am disappointed by the location as it is not exact as the advertising picture trying to say. "hi, i am right at waterfront.." NO! you are NOT!. so the lakeview will be greatly affected by the Ocean clubs, Graywood, Emprie ..etc at the leftside, and waterways, waterscape, Natilus....etc at the rightside. So its only got a very small window for lakeview. So except for the uint that direct facing the lake, the rest are just jokes. Instead of Lago, I'd go waterways for lower floor, or wait for Empire for higher floor, or even get a 2nd hand Ocean clubs.

Those artists views never show anything else around the building: it's typical to ignore the context in these things. It looks like the building in front of Lago is supposed to be a shorter one like the 16 storey Waterways one beside it, and there does seem to be a thin park between it and Ocean Club.

I may be off a bit, but I believe that Lago phase 2 is meant to be about 14 storeys, so lots of units in Lago 1 will see over it and the 16 storey Waterways building as well.

An context plan for the larger area around Lago:

HumberBay_context.jpg

Graziani + Corazza have designed a - dare I say - gorgeous looking sales centre for Monarch down on Marine Parade Drive to replace the current one which will be making way for Waterscapes. Lago will be the first new big project launched here (date still to come), but most sales for Monarch's condos will be moving here too I believe. We'll be back to get more and better looks at the building soon, and bare in mind, these were taken with a cellphone camera.

LagoSalesCtr1.jpg

LagoSalesCtr2.jpg

Here's the view from Beyond the Sea of the Lago site. Shots were taken by me on 2011.11.25.

IMG_3632.jpg

Lago will sit in front of Nautilus from this perspective, where all the construction workers' cars are park in the scrubby area. Waterways will be between it and Nautilus.

IMG_3628.jpg

Last edited:
The original Casa Mendoza street sign has now been covered with a Lago one :(

Back