Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

GREAT NEWS!!! WE did a sound test today. The building is sound-proof Very Well indeed. I'm ecstatic. I have waited so many years to live in a new and sound-proof building. I blasted my subwoofer and went next door. Not a sound smile emoticon YES!!!! Thank You!!!

L-Tower on The Esplanade from Front and Bay

L-Tower BayFront.jpeg

Attachments

• L-Tower BayFront.jpeg
    L-Tower BayFront.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,250
Great pic! One of my favourite streetscapes in Toronto, and just getting better! This is Toronto at a level that is the equal of any other North American city, heck any European city. Now if only the standards on the east side of Front were the same.

Great pic! One of my favourite streetscapes in Toronto, and just getting better! This is Toronto at a level that is the equal of any other North American city, heck any European city. Now if only the standards on the east side of Front were the same.

Do you mean west? (towards Spadina)

Do you mean west? (towards Spadina)

No, I was referring to [Jaguar4u's] pic [above], i.e Front between Yonge and University. Only a few blocks I know but the new streetscaping really shows off the architecture, both heritage and new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that Front St was prettied up going east between Yonge St and Parliament for Pan Am. Do you mean west, towards Spadina?

I was down on Front the other day, admiring the very same view as pictured. I didn't get over to Front east, i.e. Yonge to Jarvis, so I don't know what condition it's in. Glad to hear it's been spruced up too... but yes, it would be nice to see the same paving/level of streetscaping on the east side of Yonge as we see on the west side (along Berczy Square/Flat Iron building and across to St. Lawrence for example).

Union Station's limestone walls are going to be illuminated.

The entire front face of the Royal York, from ground level to the tip of the crown, should be illuminated as well. The lower lighting is pretty nice, but the rest of the building looks too dark (save the neon sign).

Are there any plans to light the government building directly east of Union Station?

Back