Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Trees along the Esplanade. What a difference trees make for an urban landscape; I hope these ones last.

WYrZQfb.jpg

Thank you for sharing such amazing photos. I really needed the lift.
The one of the base (page 420) really displays the strength and engineering that had to go into the design of this building. That's why they (banks) said it could not be built.

Thankfully they got the funding for this iconic structure, first of it's class for residential towers in Canada.

Last edited:
beautiful landmark

unfortunate experience for such a beautiful landmark. at least the finishes inside are really nice and the appliances are all high end Miele, even the front load washer and dryer are Miele.

Thanks guys. I was up there with a film location scout and just snapped it with my cellphone. We're heading back up there with the heavy gear soon to shoot some establishing shots. The view up Yonge is incredible, especially with One Bloor East popping up in the distance.

Last time I'll pipe up about this: last summer I was talking to someone in the industry who told me the the crane will be up for quite some time--he didn't specify how long, but this was last summer--because of engineering oversights. Apparently, things weren't planned as well as they should have been, and there is some question about how to take it down.

Again--I can't testify to the veracity of that.

Last time I'll pipe up about this: last summer I was talking to someone in the industry who told me the the crane will be up for quite some time--he didn't specify how long, but this was last summer--because of engineering oversights. Apparently, things weren't planned as well as they should have been, and there is some question about how to take it down.

Again--I can't testify to the veracity of that.
Everything points to issues installing the window washing equipment. I would guess if there was an issue, it was with how to install this, rather than take down the crane.

Everything points to issues installing the window washing equipment. I would guess if there was an issue, it was with how to install this, rather than take down the crane.
The continuing presence of the crane is quite puzzling as are the continually postponed removal dates. Whether it's delays in getting the window-washing equipment, uncertainty about how to remove it or something else it is all clearly costing the developer lots of money. Crane rental is not cheap. Frankly, the developer has been very slow on lots of things; the sidewalk on Yonge should have been done last fall (currently being, slowly, worked on), the side of the building in its north west corner (beside Sony) has been being finished off for MANY months and is still not done and the long-promised Claude Cormier plaza is still untouched. Not very encouraging for their other proposed projects!

The continuing presence of the crane is quite puzzling as are the continually postponed removal dates. Whether it's delays in getting the window-washing equipment, uncertainty about how to remove it or something else it is all clearly costing the developer lots of money. Crane rental is not cheap. Frankly, the developer has been very slow on lots of things; the sidewalk on Yonge should have been done last fall (currently being, slowly, worked on), the side of the building in its north west corner (beside Sony) has been being finished off for MANY months and is still not done and the long-promised Claude Cormier plaza is still untouched. Not very encouraging for their other proposed projects!

Developer seems to be in way over their head. Who is at fault here? Cityzen? Castlepoint? who? Just so I know never to buy from them.

Back