Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Photo last night from the beaches. Can barely see the platform, but will look great when it's gone from out this side of the city.
(Poor phone quality photo as I didn't have my good camera with me.)

Cheers,

20180916_194745_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20180916_194745_resized.jpg
    20180916_194745_resized.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 596
Have they washed any of the windows on the tower since it was built? My understanding is that the cleaning system can’t be used with the derrick in the way. Is this tower about to get its very first cleaning?

Have they washed any of the windows on the tower since it was built? My understanding is that the cleaning system can’t be used with the derrick in the way. Is this tower about to get its very first cleaning?
Correct! This building hasn't ever had their windows cleaned (5 years and counting). Should happen in the next few months.

Wow. Everything told me that it was the case but a part of me refused to believe that they’d never wash off the construction dirt in 5+ years, thinking maybe they’d have figured a way around the restrictions temporarily.

I’ve always found the blues on the tower to have this cheap faded look and the glazing to appear of low quality. I’ve got my fingers crossed that L Tower will shine after a thorough first cleaning.

Notwithstanding the time it took to get to the point where they started disassembling the derrick, has it ever taken this long to take one apart or are they jut dragging it on now for dramatic effect? One piece comes off every few days...
You seem to think these guys are actually competent and able to plan a 'strip-tease"! I think the last few years have shown this is not so!

You seem to think these guys are actually competent and able to plan a 'strip-tease"! I think the last few years have shown this is not so!
You seem to think that there's either a single, solitary incompetent person doing any and everything related to this building, or that everyone related to doing anything in this building is incompetent. Neither would be true, and either way, it's boring to read your latest post in this regard, and it's crossed way beyond the point where it becomes trolling.

You seem to think that there's either a single, solitary incompetent person doing any and everything related to this building, or that everyone related to doing anything in this building is incompetent. Neither would be true, and either way, it's boring to read your latest post in this regard, and it's crossed way beyond the point where it becomes trolling.

Ouch! Of course, I do not think that there is one single person responsible or even that everyone involved with the L-Tower is incompetent but this project has certainly had far more than its fair share of delays, missed deadlines and screw-ups. You have a history of excusing their performance; though it's is an innovative design, I, and many others on this thread, think they could and should have done much better. This thread started in 2005 and there is well known investment caution "Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results" but with construction projects the past IS an indication and until the building is totally 'finished' I remain somewhat sceptical that 'it's done'. Though I certainly hope it is!

I do not deny that there have been many issues at L Tower. I have an issue with the tedious repetition of 'incompetent' applied to everything here without any real analysis. We do not know what taking down that platform involves, so throwing out 'incompetent' again adds nothing to the discussion: it's trolling. That's not to say there's no room for complaint here, but don't make it so empty. That's for passersby on the street who have no idea, not for UrbanToronto where we know that development is a very complicated process, and this building is far from run-of-the-mill.

Wow. Everything told me that it was the case but a part of me refused to believe that they’d never wash off the construction dirt in 5+ years, thinking maybe they’d have figured a way around the restrictions temporarily.

I’ve always found the blues on the tower to have this cheap faded look and the glazing to appear of low quality. I’ve got my fingers crossed that L Tower will shine after a thorough first cleaning.

Unfortunately, exterior glass that has not been cleaned on a semi-regular basis and over such a long period of time will inevitably become permanently etched from the dirt - at least to an extent. A wash will certainly improve it but it's unlikely to ever return it to its initial shine and clarity.

Back