Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Personally, I've grown accustomed to the crane. Like having a cross-eyed three legged cat living next door. After a while it seems normal. I think they should leave it just where it is. And besides, if history is any indication the oh so long overdue BMU will need to be replaced in the not too distant future. They can do that and the lobby baseboards at the same time. And the Yonge St 'garden' ........ well, who can argue about that !

Personally, I've grown accustomed to the crane. Like having a cross-eyed three legged cat living next door. After a while it seems normal. I think they should leave it just where it is. And besides, if history is any indication the oh so long overdue BMU will need to be replaced in the not too distant future. They can do that and the lobby baseboards at the same time. And the Yonge St 'garden' ........ well, who can argue about that !

We should petition the city to consider adding the crane to the Heritage Registar.

My wife tells me there is a lot of action happening around the Esplanade next to the L-Tower. Huge crane, police, the road is blocked off, etc. etc. She asked and was told the service crane is coming down
IMG_0472.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 624
can any 1 tell me what's a BMU service for or what does it do.. and where will be mounted it? thank you

As it looks like the thought of keying in the letters BMU into Google may not have occurred to you, perhaps this may be of assistance. The very first entry.....

Search Results

A building maintenance unit (BMU) is an automatic, remote-controlled, or mechanical device, usually suspended from the roof, which moves systematically over some surface of a structure while carrying human window washers or mechanical robots to maintain or clean the covered surfaces.
Ico_Bar_Green.png
Building maintenance unit - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_maintenance_unit

In other words, a retractable crane.

I would guess the BMU will be used to make the facade repairs. The derrick has limited range.

They are back again this morning, you have to admit that crane has earned its keep - the Mississauga ones are just so, shall we say, energetic? During every wind storm the media are assured an impressive clip to illustrate the wind speed. Not once in all the years it's been up there have I wondered if the L crane was stable. What say a farewell party at Berzcy Park?

Will it never end. Long power failure in L Tower and Backstage last night. From just after midnight until about 8:30 this morning.

Back