Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The City finally managed to get the L-Tower to remove the Jersey barriers from Yonge Street and (after maybe 4 years) we have all lanes on Yonge open again. Now if they could just finish off the Cormier-designed 'plaza' at the corner of Front and Yonge we would be back to normal (except for the mess at The Esplanade (now mostly due to Backstage). (BTW I notice that Google Maps has decided the block of The esplanade from Scott to Yonge no longer exists - it has been blocked or partly blocked for ages but it IS areal road.

The plaza and Berczy Park are waiting for the Games to end. They are amongst the construction projects that have been held back as possibly disruptive during the Games.

The plaza and Berczy Park are waiting for the Games to end. They are amongst the construction projects that have been held back as possibly disruptive during the Games.

Berczy Park, yes. It will start in early September. The L-Tower Plaza maybe not. They were supposed to build this last fall and their excuse then was that they had not finished the work on the remains of the "boot' and until it was done they could not work on the plaza. They have STILL not finished off this part of their building (why??) so I really wonder if they will start after PanAm. I guess we will see.

July 25, 2015
0.png
1.png
2.png

Attachments

• 0.png
    0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,196
  • 1.png
    1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,179
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,177
This project is an example of all the focus going onto the iconic nature of the tower in the skyline with so very little attention to the design, fit and finish, and completion of the lower levels. Apart from the addition of trees along the Esplanade, the ground level/streetscape is terrible here.

Back