Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The rendering made it seem like it was going to be coloured glass but it is aluminum siding and while it's not terrible, it's not as nice as I was expecting. I just hope it's not the first sign of the cheapening. I could see stainless steel but aluminum siding?

Historically, when that kind of large surface is covered in material like that, it is just the base for future giant advertising screens and billboards. So it could get a whole lot worse.

If you look at the photo above (from late May) you will see that there are two kinds of 'siding'. A black and white kind and a shiny siding-like one.

The shiny one is UNDERENEATH the much better black/white one. When the photo was taken they had only finished one wall, today both walls are covered in the latter.

In my opinion it actually looks fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at this photo (from late May) you will see that there are two kinds of 'siding'. A black and white kind and a shiny siding-like one.

The shiny one is UNDERENEATH the much better black/white one. When the photo was taken they had only finished one wall, today both walls are covered in the latter.

In my opinion it actually looks fine.

Could it be a temporary finish ?

Taken a couple of hours ago.
5842871201_92716af235_b.jpg

5843415546_96deaa591f_b.jpg

5843413732_b6bb00d623_b.jpg

good pics....thx for all the updates today, klb86......:)

It's an above-average buildng I think, especially for its height. It's got very good streetside retail space too.

Back