Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The scaffolding is starting to come down - per SkyJacked's Twitter

hO8XCSN.jpg

I hope that the next building SkyJacked is working for is as major project as L tower and he continues to post his updates.

I can't believe how sloooooooooow it's taking to finish up installing the windows up on the top floors. The progress since November has been minimal. First thought that pops up is that there's 'issues' with water and leaks, no? Build a curved wall/roof and expect no water leakage issues I guess, until the very last minute.

7:00 am

It doesn't look as if the posts UrbanToronto lost yesterday can be recovered. So here is mine again ...

Actually, when I was on the tour, a lot of the engineers present were commenting on the not-so-smart decision to put electrical plugs inside the columns.
They hold the building up! You don't want to weaken them with unnecessary incisions and gaps.

I can't believe how sloooooooooow it's taking to finish up installing the windows up on the top floors. The progress since November has been minimal. First thought that pops up is that there's 'issues' with water and leaks, no? Build a curved wall/roof and expect no water leakage issues I guess, until the very last minute.

May be just because I'm anticipating it more than other projects, but it seems like this thing has taken forever since they were done pouring. The structure itself went up fast but the exterior seems like its taken a couple years. Progress at street level has been glacial as well.

There are all sorts of specialized aspects to this building. It shouldn't be that surprising that it's taking longer than the average tower. Meanwhile it's been an extraordinarily cold winter, slowing down work at all sites.

The builder has stopped work on numerous occasions during the past few months, due to extreme weather, and adjusted occupancy dates accordingly. What I don't understand is how a builder could fail to take into account the possibility of "extreme weather" in Toronto!

Every builder accounts for some downtime because of the weather, but would you have predicted this winter in advance? No-one did; this has been far colder than typical years.

Back