Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I'll miss those five mulberry bushes terribly if this thing goes through - though, looking at the rendering, I wonder if they plan on transplanting them to the roof garden?

Hummingbird Centre Condominium registered LEED Feb 27/07

Sorry if this was already mentioned I couldn't see it anywhere.

I just noticed this morning it's been added to the Canada Green Building Council list. Perhaps we'll be hearing more about this in the coming weeks. The occupancy date of Feb 09 seems a bit unrealistic however.

Canada Green Building Council

Project Description - A 55-storey condominium tower on the site immediately west of the Hummingbird Centre.

Current Phase - Design

Leed Version - LEED Canada

Building Type - High-rise multi-unit residential (>10 storeys)

Registration Date - 2007-02-27

Occupancy Date - 2009-02-28

Percent New - 100%

Percent Rennovation - 0%

Thanks! Realistic or not, I will take it. Wasn't there some talk on here that the building will be in sales phase this spring/summer?

AoD

I think sales are supposed to open in April...but also thought the tower was 51 storeys, not 55?

btw, what is the hoarding along the west side of Hummingbird? (Yonge St.)....saw it on Saturday night..

Quite alarming - it'll block access to my five mulberry trees, and the sheltered clearings beneath them where transients gather to do whatever it is they do there.

aren't we talking about the 'Hummingbird Centre' complex?? I don't know where 'immediately west of the Hummingbird Centre' is??

The L Tower

The new Condo Life (April 2007) includes an ad for the L Tower.

"Libeskind condominium residences at Yonge and Front. A global landmark designed by Daniel Libeskind."

www.theLtower.com

So that would be Hummingbird?

They have the zoning signs up on the site.

Looking forward to it.

Now if only the Five Corners would get around..

wow, that's hot.

If this one actually gets off in addition to 1 Bloor, 'll be pretty amazed.

I got to question, is all this new condo construction sustainable?

Louroz

^ The construction itself is sustainable due to pre-sales volumes and a much more conservative development and financial industry following the market correction in the late 80s/early 90s.

If a building doesn't sell well it won't start construction.

The forecasts I've seen this year range from 12,000 - 14,000 sales (last year was approximately 17,000). More construction is likely this year however as many of last years sales will start construction this year (or have started the last few months).

Why does the area from Yonge & Front St E to Front St E & Scott often smell like sewage exhaust?

I have a feeling this one will have no problem selling. Have we ever had a celeb architect design a condo in TO before? Can't think of an instance...since Robert Stern doesn't count.

Back