Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Iether way the next building (160 front street) is a similar design hopefully they think of a way to dissassemble the damn crane. This is a really big problem, and has created quite the odd eye sore. And the next bad storm we get with extreme winds I really worry what could happen there. Only a matter of time unless that is what they are waiting for... to just rought it's self off. LOL

Disassembling the crane is not an issue. They still need the crane. I wonder if this would have been accomplished with a heavy lift helicopter pre 9/11. Must of lost a ton on crane rental and purchase, the various derricks plus , the vacant crane suites. Building is fully registered for nearly a year now.

As much as I like the look of this building on the skyline and think it's quite successful as a large-scale sculptural object: I had the chance to spend a fair amount of time hanging around out front of it last night, waiting for the Prince show at the Sony Centre to let in, and I was genuinely surprised at the negative impression I had. The whole Yonge streetwall is a write-off, but I was most struck by how poor the fit & finish felt, and how the lobby (incomplete though it may be) felt, for lack of a better word, cheap.

Prince, on the other hand, was a delight. That little man is a god damn treasure.

More work completed on the new work platform. A little context first.

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00306.jpg
    DSC00306.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 1,689
  • DSC00308.jpg
    DSC00308.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 1,709
Should have been the platform boot instead of the random dog's breakfast of angled shapes.

This is coming to the Sony Centre's Board next week. I suspect that the plaintiff is the L-Tower but I guess we will see.

Origin
(March 29, 2016) Report from the Chief Executive Officer, Hummingbird (Sony) Centre for the Performing Arts
Recommendations
The Chief Executive Officer, Hummingbird (Sony) Centre for the Performing Arts recommends that:

1. The Board of Directors of the Hummingbird (Sony) Centre for the Performing Arts authorize the City Solicitor to proceed with the actions outlined in Items 1 through 5 in the Confidential Attachment 1.

2. The Board of Directors of the Hummingbird (Sony) Centre direct that Confidential Attachment 1 remain confidential as it involves the security of property belonging to the City or one of its agencies, boards, and commissions and involves litigation or potential litigation, including matters before administrative tribunals affecting the municipality or local board.

Summary
The purpose of this report is to provide the Board with an update on the outstanding issues related to the redevelopment project, all as more particularly detailed in the attached confidential report.

Yeah, You're right back to the boot, I see. I didn't really care for how it treated the site. Can you also imagine how awful it would look in the cheap cladding.

You have to wonder how long it will take to complete the units where the attachment points of the crane are located.
Whoever bought those units must be so frustrated.

No kidding. I'd assume at this point they're signing their class action law suits in goat's blood. I'd be livid.
Indeed: This from the L-Tower site:

Updated March 30, 2016

Overall:
Move-ins continue at L Tower. Suite and interior work continues on the few remaining unfinished units.

The tower crane remains in-place as the final work to install the rooftop maintenance unit has not yet been completed. We expect this work to be underway in and completed in April. When we have dates for the completion of this work and the lowering of the tower crane we will post them here. Please check back for updates.

You have to wonder how long it will take to complete the units where the attachment points of the crane are located.
Whoever bought those units must be so frustrated.

Under the Tarion rules the builder would have to reimburse the purchase for living costs past the specified occupancy dates: http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...ed-Occupancy-Protection-for-Condominiums.aspx

Or maybe the builder decided to cancel those contracts and plans to sell those units again when it's all said and done?

Back