Toronto The Kennedys Condominiums & Hotel (DEAD) | ?m | 40s | SAMM | IBI Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
2035 Kennedy Road. 4 towers, with rezoning submitted a while ago, not sure why a thread wasn't started. First two towers have filed for site plan approval, and will be built on the existing surface lot for the hotel.

Towers are 8s (office), 35s, 35s, 45s. The two 35 floor buildings are going to be the first ones to go up.

aVK86HD.png

cg4QudQ.png

I just hope the existing hotel will remain unaltered both inside and out. It's an 80's time warp.

Wow, what a mess. I want to see this project move forward, but I have no interest in that benefitting Akman.

Thanks for posting this @ramonelive, and welcome to UrbanToronto!

Thanks! Been a lurker for a while now, thought this would be of interest. Looking forward to taking part in more convos (hopefully ones that are more positive!)

Agreements of Purchase and Sale being (have been?) terminated, deposits being returned. So very very dead (for now).
https://home.kpmg.com/ca/en/home/se...creditorlinks/tarn-financial-corporation.html

It looks like the plan is to terminate all the agreements, wind up the developer (Tarn), and sell the assets (the land, hotel, etc). Presumably whoever buys the land will then build something similar to what was planned, since they already started prepping the site. (I know nothing about construction, but it looks from my vantage point like they already finished shoring and were getting ready to start digging when work was halted.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back