Vaughan KPMG Vaughan | ?m | 14s | SmartCentres | Diamond Schmitt

Downtown Markham has just had construction start on its 3rd building as well. I believe the Tenant is Aviva.

Yep relocating from Scarborough .. but its much shorter than 14 stories. So yes for the 905, 14 is very high.

I should also add ... the development in Markham is still very very suburban ... with overground parking still in the works ... (which is the case for the other 2 office buildings in downtown Markham today).

So thing tower in Vaughan is more impressive .. from a 'urban' context point of view.

This development has surface parking, and lots of it. Don't delude yourself. Its labeled as "temporary" however, just like the Aviva building.

This development has surface parking, and lots of it. Don't delude yourself. Its labeled as "temporary" however, just like the Aviva building.

Yes but this development has underground parking as well correct ?? Whereas the Markham one doesn't

So Calloway REIT (Smart Centres) is proposing a new street name to a street adjacent to this office tower: "Smart Street".
Thank god the city is opposing this: Link

But somehow Vaughan is okay with "Smart Centres Terminal at Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station."

That I didn't know regarding the naming of Smart Centres Terminal....is this for the bus terminal loop? Yes, I agree, there shouldn't be any use of the word "Smart" anywhere on the VMC. Now as for alternate names I really like Mitch Boulevard.....LOL

No pics, but this is close to being topped off it isn't already. still no visible cladding, at least from Highway 7.

From last week:

KPMG 4.JPG

KPMG 3.JPG

Attachments

• KPMG 3.JPG
    KPMG 3.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • KPMG 4.JPG
    KPMG 4.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:
Cladding is being installed today. Driving on the 400, so no photo, sorry..

The colour looks very similar to that on the Sick Kids Research Building (Peter Gilgan Centre, 660 Bay St.) ie. pale blue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fresh photos. The inconsistent glazing is really peaking my curiosity. I thought that maybe they were trying to achieve a pattern, but if you look at the last photo, something is definitely very off. I cannot believe that the architect hasn't yet complained about it.

Back