Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

You are pushing it on these, as next to none show up in the first place based on my visits. Can't speak to other times since I am not there in the first place. They can work there one at a time going in the same direction, but not both direction for sure.

Why do an east sidewalk before construction starts or finish when it will get damage?? It will be done one way or another after construction is done since the sidewalk is close at this time. Have your say in 18 months from now, other saying it has been rebuilt.
You nailed it - you're not there daily. I respect that you get around a lot and document all these projects extensively - but you don't live there, so your comments about how the sidewalk is just fine are irrelevant. Just this morning there was approx 40-45 people waiting to cross SB at Subway - backed up past the hydro pole and spilling onto the street.

And I'm not saying that the E sidewalk now would be a great idea, I'm saying it was what the developer and City officially agreed on. And it didn't happen. Considering they've ruined the other adjacent sidewalk (Dundas), they've penned in a whole community of people - more than the whole town I grew up in.

So try taking a quick jaunt across the street to Shoppers, or even the Starbucks at St Albans. It's not a workable situation for residents or other people walking through. Not to mention Main & Main have essentially taken over a lane of traffic as well. It is a very difficult time to live in this neighbourhood.

Today
14578FD6-EE71-4B13-89A0-B835A25DEAE7.jpeg

Aug 01,
Steel going up for the first haft of the pour slab for the station. Another truck load of steel arrived as I was shooting the site. No idea why that tall structure north of the driveway is needed unless the bridge will connect to it or for mechanical equipment. Interesting how the steel is form.

Lots of Metrolinx problems on this project and par for the course. Don't ask as it may get some people in hot water and not talking the low end.

New curve high wall at the north end being form. You can see where the new tunnel will connect to the exiting one now.

Give a royal cheer for Guild Electric as they are a head of schedule for getting the footing and anchors in place for the new traffic light intersection at Acorn and Dundas. Some poles are going up as well. Still haven't got six point finish yet.

Photos will follow when I have time since we are gone as of Sat for 3 weeks

Aug 01
More up on my Flickr Site
48441815746_d2d9c33e82_b.jpg

48441971832_4575e147ef_b.jpg

48441973607_0242375b88_b.jpg

48441793776_0d8c52102c_b.jpg

48441949617_603be4d6d2_b.jpg

48441949957_e6f0526987_b.jpg

48441950702_cbab35e9b9_b.jpg

48441951262_511407ca4c_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48441953562_4fd4955dc4_b.jpg[/mg]
[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48441799441_d9a3878e35_b.jpg
48441955422_8d6076d5eb_b.jpg

48441955662_d04230a132_b.jpg

48441800676_1e01f0a407_b.jpg

48441956007_8d61ded5ef_b.jpg

Aug 25
Looks like most the steel will be up for the new terminal by the end of next week. They have installed a truss walkway over the main terminal and steel frame to the north. The terminal most likely be enclosed by year end.

The first section on the tunnel between the new terminal and the old TTC tunnel is in the process of having the roof form for it. The rest could be finish by the end of the year or early next year.

The first haft of the west noise wall for the west condo is in place and getting ready for the 2nd haft.

A first for Guild Electric as they have the new traffic lights in place for the new TTC entrance/exit at Acorn as well the concrete medium. Work taking place in forming the curbs for TTC entrance/exit as will for Acorn itself.

No sign for the new stair/elevator on GO platform for the walkway bridge from the the new terminal.to it.
48621882401_995fa5c366_b.jpg

48621882826_299ac71e52_b.jpg

48621516373_24d7e97101_b.jpg

48622015002_68de90f6f2_b.jpg

48622014292_361e83f1dd_b.jpg

48621867826_6eac9fb50a_b.jpg

48621509458_40b6a432b3_b.jpg

Gee!!....Taken Metrolinx a month or so after the fact to post the write up on the bridge after I shot it back in Aug. it was already in place when I shot it. Still no sign of framing on the GO Platform for the walkway to the platform from the hub.

As of Sept 17, forming for the 2nd haft of the curve wall at the west end was in place. 25% of the tunnel is built from the hub to TTC tunnel and forming was taking place for the floor for another 50%. From the looks of things until I get a better closer look at the east end of the new tunnel, looks like an elevator is going to go in either for the Kiss & Ride loop or for the tunnel so accessibility riders can get to the surface to use current Kipling ramp entrance to the bus concourse.

Gee!!....Taken Metrolinx a month or so after the fact to post the write up on the bridge after I shot it back in Aug. it was already in place when I shot it. Still no sign of framing on the GO Platform for the walkway to the platform from the hub.

As of Sept 17, forming for the 2nd haft of the curve wall at the west end was in place. 25% of the tunnel is built from the hub to TTC tunnel and forming was taking place for the floor for another 50%. From the looks of things until I get a better closer look at the east end of the new tunnel, looks like an elevator is going to go in either for the Kiss & Ride loop or for the tunnel so accessibility riders can get to the surface to use current Kipling ramp entrance to the bus concourse.
The whole bridge is up, not just the northern section. In your shots the bridge over the tracks was not in place, which it is now. It's a much larger bridge than the earlier section. This happened this weekend.

The whole bridge is up, not just the northern section. In your shots the bridge over the tracks was not in place, which it is now. It's a much larger bridge than the earlier section. This happened this weekend.
Thanks, as I wasn't sure from the photo.

Its possible that the new Hub could be open by June 2020 or sooner, since most exterior work will be done this year. The building and bridge will be enclose in the coming months. It will be the first section of the Transitway to open on time or ahead of schedule. A lot will depend on building the new TTC parking lot and moving the roof for the Kiss & Ride back into place.

I was at the Mississauga City Centre transit terminal by Square One yesterday, and there’s a public consultation going on, with maps of proposed MiWay routes that will terminate at Kipling instead of Islington once the Kipling transit hub is operational. What’s interesting is they have a specific date for the changes: I think it’s Sep 17, 2020.

I was at the Mississauga City Centre transit terminal by Square One yesterday, and there’s a public consultation going on, with maps of proposed MiWay routes that will terminate at Kipling instead of Islington once the Kipling transit hub is operational. What’s interesting is they have a specific date for the changes: I think it’s Sep 17, 2020.
That date sounds about right. While the structure is largely in place, there's a lot of work to be done on the terminal before first use.

Thanks, as I wasn't sure from the photo.

Its possible that the new Hub could be open by June 2020 or sooner, since most exterior work will be done this year. The building and bridge will be enclose in the coming months. It will be the first section of the Transitway to open on time or ahead of schedule. A lot will depend on building the new TTC parking lot and moving the roof for the Kiss & Ride back into place.
I'm not sure they need the parking lot open for the terminal to be open. I'm sure that's what they're aiming for but I don't think that the incomplete parking lot will be a showstopper for the terminal. Roof on Kiss n Ride, yes.

Back