Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

It's simply self-interest. I actually find it easier to drive to Kipling rather than drive to Erindale and sit on a bus that does the Grand Tour of Mississauga (exploring Square One, Cooksville, Dixie, and soon possibly Kipling as well) before heading to Union.

I'm sorry, but F that. Just park at Kipling or Islington and then get to my destination sooner, and a lower fare as well.

Same here. No one wants to do that grand tour. I think it's easier for anywhere near there to drive over to Kipling/Islington, and then park as you were saying..

It's simply self-interest. I actually find it easier to drive to Kipling rather than drive to Erindale and sit on a bus that does the Grand Tour of Mississauga (exploring Square One, Cooksville, Dixie, and soon possibly Kipling as well) before heading to Union.

I'm sorry, but F that. Just park at Kipling or Islington and then get to my destination sooner, and a lower fare as well.

I haven't used GO Milton bus since the off-peak improvements to Lakeshore, so maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember the GO buses serving Erindale went directly to Union without any stops in-between.

I haven't used GO Milton bus since the off-peak improvements to Lakeshore, so maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember the GO buses serving Erindale went directly to Union without any stops in-between.
It depends on time of day. And always has I think.

It depends on time of day. And always has I think.

Yeah, that's what i remember too. Sometimes the bus isn't non-stop to Union, but usually it is. To oppose GO bus service at Kipling because of this is odd.

With the introduction of 30-minute off-peak train service and all-day 103 Hurontario Express, I started taking the train at Port Credit instead because I got tired of the bus getting stuck on the Gardiner. The bus service is crap, but I've never experienced any "Grand Tour of Mississauga" or anything like that.

Yeah, that's what i remember too. Sometimes the bus isn't non-stop to Union, but usually it is. To oppose GO bus service at Kipling because of this is odd.

With the introduction of 30-minute off-peak train service and all-day 103 Hurontario Express, I started taking the train at Port Credit instead because I got tired of the bus getting stuck on the Gardiner. The bus service is crap, but I've never experienced any "Grand Tour of Mississauga" or anything like that.

I have always just gotten on the GO Train over at Clarkson because there's simply no other way around the whole "Grand Tour of Mississauga"

What I jokingly refer to as the Grand Tour of Mississauga is all the stops annoyingly in between Erindale and Union, so Square One, Cooksville and Dixie. I am aware there are sometimes express buses, but not whenever I wanted to take it. Taking the grand tour eliminates any time savings from taking GO, which is why I drive to Kipling/Islington instead.

June 19
The old kiss and ride floor is gone and earth removed from the top and sides of the existing tunnels.

The base is been layout for the new tunnel floor from the new hub to connect to the existing one. Only part of it's being done as they have to brace and support X before they can dig the new tunnel under it.

Form work taking place at the west end of the hub structure base that is at a lower level than the current hub floor. Heating system being place in the hub floor at this time like the one on the new GO platforms.

No idea when I will have photos up, as I am working on a backlog of over 3,000.

The new terminal is pretty far from the subway station.
Though it lines up well with the GO Train platforms. Are the plans somewhere? I'm not sure where the MiWay platforms will be relative to that structure - which the rendering on the project page just shows GO Buses.

@nfitz, that terminal is where both GO and MiWay will pull up.
That does seem unfortunate. Are the plans anywhere?

Is there a tunnel connecting it to the subway station, or will passengers have to walk over the GO tracks, along the GO platform, and back under the GO tracks to the subway station using the existing tunnel?

Back