Toronto Kingston&Co Condominiums | 38.4m | 10s | TAS | Teeple Architects

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't find any zoning applications or any other planning info but this project is on schedule for the upcoming January 23rd DRP meeting. Teeple always delivers an attractive design so stay tuned!

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/2013/agendas/pdf/drp_agenda_23jan13.pdf

1092-1118 Kingston Road, Scarborough District
Pre-application Consultation
Main and Main Developments & TAS DesignBuild
Presentations:
Andrea Reaney, Community Planning; Xue Pei, Urban Design
Teeple Architects and Bousfields

Last edited:
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3348335

1092 KINGSTON RD
Ward 36 - Scarborough
Site Plan Approval

Proposed mixed use building with heights of 8 and 10-storeys, containing 169 residential units (13,041 sq. m.) and 1,857 sq m of retail and service commercial space on the ground floor facing Kingston Road. The total proposed Gross Floor Area is 14,898 sq. m. A total of 207 underground parking spaces are proposed.

Wow that looks great, really hope it gets built as is.

As an aside: That response from the community at that meeting is why I imagine a lot of developers just go through the motions then run off to the OMB to get things approved. These people are clueless and nothing will please them.

During the question and answer period, residents expressed concerns about density, asking why the building had to be ten storeys high.

You've got to be kidding me. There is a 16 storey apartment building literally next door. And wanting vehicle access on Kingston instead of Blantyre is moronic.

Then again, open the article for yourself and you can probably spot why anything other than 2 story detached is too much.

This looks fantastic! I love these midrise infill developments along the Avenues. Keep it coming, Toronto.

Main and Main is an First Capital Realty entity. They also control a large swath of St. Clair West near oakwood and other infill land amalgamations in the city.

By entity do you mean they own Main and Main (hence are one of the developers)?

In Q1 2011 released in their earnings that: "First Capital Realty has also entered into a joint venture, dubbed Main and Main Developments, with a private developer to assemble, develop and operate sites in Toronto for retail or mixed use."

I don't know who the private developer is but the management listed on the Main and Main webpage (it isn't enough to be a site) are both ex-real estate agents (LePage and Colliers) and the leasing agent was a leasing agent on the landlord side and recently a mortgage broker. Dori Segal has gone on record as saying that it is in essence a company within a company to do things that FCR would not be interested in doing under their banner and that it is integral to First Capital. Their offices are in FCR's building and I think there is just enough separation to have all of these things not pop up as being the work of FCR. Frankly, I think it is to allow them to do land amalgamations cheaper than if it was FCR who was the purchaser as well as do condo and other developments which aren't in the purvey of FCR.

Last edited:
Teeple shows us once again that you can create designs that are compelling to developers and end users without fully-glazed elevations.

*bows in praise*

Agreed re: the glazing to precast ratio but I'm really not loving this one. It looks like a number of competing ideas are struggling to get through making it feel pretty Graziani & Corazza.

Back