Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

19 August 2013:
e8z1.jpg

This better be good !! lots of retail to come with this.

Feb 21st

IMG_7265.jpg

Shouldn't be too long before a few cranes are erected.

Attachments

• IMG_7265.jpg
    IMG_7265.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 980
To use a trite phrase, this project will be a total game-changer for King West, but I believe that will prove to be true. I don't think people grasp how different this area is going to be when Kingsclub is all done.

I'm amazed they are excavating the whole site. From my understanding only the far western tower has actually gone on sale and it sold rather meh. maybe I'm wrong.

You are correct about sales being rather meh (in the mid-60's%). My thoughts are that people may not realize how decent this is going to turn out and that Urban Corp/First Capital are doing a Daniel's (smart) thing of starting construction and then doing another sales push as it gets going.

p.s. the excavation reminded me of the One York/Harbour Plaza site. It's big!

Last edited:
Hahah. don't mention it, "I'm still kicking myself for not buying a small unit down there for 99grand, oh well you snooze you lose
that Toy Factory project is definitely in a league of its own

Same here. LV was a wasteland at the time and I didn't have the foresight.

Another nice one not too far away is 8 dovercort. Lovely new building. Sorry for the derail.

Same here. LV was a wasteland at the time and I didn't have the foresight.

Another nice one not too far away is 8 dovercort. Lovely new building. Sorry for the derail.

Yeah Art is OK for a new build...but the Argyle Lofts up the street @ 183 Dovercourt Rd is the bomb, that's if you like “loft living“ in a retro-fit old factory
Yep, that was also going cheap back then...love that building. anyways sorry for the derail, im done.

Not sure if this is any new news:

"In late 2013, First Capital Realty received final rezoning approval for the development of its KingsClub mixed use project in Liberty Village, just west of Toronto's downtown core and one of the city's fastest growing neighbourhoods. KingsClub will be developed in a joint venture with Urbancorp, one of the leading residential developers in the King/Queen West area, and will comprise almost 160,000 square feet of retail/commercial uses and 345,000 square feet of residential (for approximately 500 residential units) in three high-rise buildings above the retail, as well as a total of 775 underground parking stalls (including 345 stalls for retail/commercial use). Construction is underway and the project is currently in the excavation stage. The Company has the right to acquire its joint venture partner's interest in the retail/commercial space and related parking at completion.

KingsClub together with the remainder of First Capital Realty's existing Shops at King Liberty mixed use retail and commercial property will total 450,000 square feet of retail/commercial space and 960 underground and surface parking stalls. The property includes two heritage buildings restored to state-of-the-art commercial properties by the Company. Tenants of the property presently include Metro, GoodLife Fitness, West Elm, EQ3, LCBO, The Beer Store, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, RBC Royal Bank, Starbucks and Aroma."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1294349/first-capital-realty-provides-update-on-major-development-projects

Seems like there will be lots of parking for the retail. And is the 500 residential units correct :confused:

Back