Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

I'm guessing this Mcdonalds replaces the one at King and Dufferin..

So the retail is all big chains then.. Shoppers, Longos, Canadian Tire, Winners, Petsmart, McDonalds. It's like a big vertical suburban strip mall.
The McDonald's is indeed a replacement location for King and Dufferin, and will be 24 hours

20191102_085153.jpg
20191102_085219.jpg
20191102_085323.jpg
20191102_085352.jpg
20191102_085247.jpg
20191102_085411.jpg
20191102_085512.jpg
20191102_085653.jpg
20191102_085604.jpg

Wow--big transformation here. Nothing too exciting at the street level retail. But then again the economics of a development like this one, never mind the need for amenities like these, makes expecting anything different arguably unreasonable.

Wow--big transformation here. Nothing too exciting at the street level retail. But then again the economics of a development like this one, never mind the need for amenities like these, makes expecting anything different arguably unreasonable.
It seems dead now but once all the retail is open the sidewalks should be busy. The retail offerings here are pretty strong in terms of traffic generators - it may be sterile but it will attract tons of people.

It seems dead now but once all the retail is open the sidewalks should be busy. The retail offerings here are pretty strong in terms of traffic generators - it may be sterile but it will attract tons of people.

Longos was packed when I went in around noon on Wednesday. That alone is going to be a huge traffic driver.

Hi, is there still going to be a bridge from this development over the rail tracks? Anyone know expected completion date?

not to mention the inbound Canadian Tire. Looks like the drought of downtown hardware stores might be drying up.

Now all we need is a Lowes- ah darn.

Hi, is there still going to be a bridge from this development over the rail tracks? Anyone know expected completion date?
Yes, there will be a bridge that connects this to Liberty Village across King beside the rail bridge, and then another bridge connecting to the coming GO station and Sudbury Street and eventually the extension of the West Toronto Rail Path on the other side of the rail corridor. There are no firm dates on any of that yet, however.

It would have been nice if there was some small retail included with some local retailers or some discounted space for non-profits or community groups. This is basically a stacked corporate retail plaza. Nonetheless, good way to pack a lot of retail into a tight urban setting. The rents are also insane, 1 bedrooms starting around $2,100, 3 bedrooms starting at $3,800, where are they finding all these people with this kind of money??

It would have been nice if there was some small retail included with some local retailers or some discounted space for non-profits or community groups. This is basically a stacked corporate retail plaza. Nonetheless, good way to pack a lot of retail into a tight urban setting. The rents are also insane, 1 bedrooms starting around $2,100, 3 bedrooms starting at $3,800, where are they finding all these people with this kind of money??
That is more or less market rent these days, unfortunately. When I rented on the north side of the tracks here only 4 years ago we were paying $1950 for a 2+den..

That is more or less market rent these days, unfortunately. When I rented on the north side of the tracks here only 4 years ago we were paying $1950 for a 2+den..
No doubt, I live close by, I just can't believe how fast rents have gone up in the past few years and that there are people that can pay it.

Bachelors in the (questionably maintained) mid century blocks along Tyndall and Jamieson are going for like 1500-2000 per month. 1 beds start at like 1800 in an old building. I remember looking in the area because I worked in liberty but I couldn’t see any reasonable justification to pay that much to live in parkdale. Moving to Eglinton west was a good call haha.

Yes, there will be a bridge that connects this to Liberty Village across King beside the rail bridge, and then another bridge connecting to the coming GO station and Sudbury Street and eventually the extension of the West Toronto Rail Path on the other side of the rail corridor. There are no firm dates on any of that yet, however.

That's all been city planned for the past 10 years, shame that the 10-15.000 people living on the north side have no access to any of this retail

Back