Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

Longo's was very lively today:

20191123_160151.jpg
20191123_160105.jpg

I’ve lived next to this for about 4 years now and it’s very welcoming to see this development completed. Can’t wait for the pedestrian bridge to start/finish. One thing to note is that lamport stadium do blast their music every weekend. Loud enough you won’t be able to hear your tv. I know it’s downtown living, but come on...

Nice, now when is this GO/Metrolinx transit station getting build?
2040 once all levels of government have money to invest in transit after spending Billions on over price/wrong technology lines, but most of all the COVID-19 mess. Transit ridership will fall for years, especially with pump prices that haven't been seen since 2005.

What about time spent? The TTC system isn't speedy by any means. It's still faster than driving 3 blocks in 25 minutes.

Streetcar wiring is unavoidable but the rest? This is 2020 and we're still installing new overhead electrical. At this rate it will be 50 years till it all gets buried. Toronto gets lots of things right but other things are just exasperating. It's 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Streetcar wiring is unavoidable but the rest? This is 2020 and we're still installing new overhead electrical. At this rate it will be 50 years till it all gets buried. Toronto gets lots of things right but other things are just exasperating. It's 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
I didn't notice those until you pointed them out....

However, I've been in this city long enough that they don't really bother me. And the money spent on the infrastructure to bury those isn't likely worth the effort yet. So I just tune them out and go on my way in the appreciation that this is the characteristics of living in a big city that existed over many generations and evolving technologies.

...one day maybe, power can be directed without the use of wires at ridiculously affordable prices. Then it might be worth pulling all those "eye sores" down.

Can someone tell me who and why do some people have to spray paint graffiti all over the walls. It dirties the look of the new developments in my opinion as you can see in the top few photos up above .

Back