Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Update

Does anybody have any updates for this project? Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks....

Just called to ask who the architects are for this project (it hasn't been mentioned anywhere until now) and it turns out it's Quadrangle, if anyone is interested...

I posted this on page 4 a while back... its Gabriel Bodor Architect Inc. and Quadrangle Architects Ltd. that collaborated on this project. Their last collaboration was Chocolate Company Lofts (955 Queen St. West)... Also a Plazacorp development.

I would say sales aren't very strong...

I got about 5 e-mails like this a few weeks ago leading up to this "special VIP event"

As a member of Plazacorp’s VIP email list, we are advising you IN ADVANCE of this KING WEST/LIBERTY VILLAGE One Price Sales Event this Sunday Dec 7th from 12 NOON to 5 pm, just before we close for the Holiday Season on Dec 18th.

Because we have a strictly limited capacity in the Sales Centre for this Event, we urge you to RSVP as soon as possible either by email to Lydia@kingwestlife.com or by telephone to 647 341 1731.

This One Price Event also features up to $5,000 in CashBacks, making it an incredible Buying Opportunity for you!

ONE PRICE SUITES

FLOORS 13 TO 23: Studio Suites 1303-2303 (496 sq. ft.) - All suites $199,900
CashBack: $2,000.

FLOORS 12 TO 23: 1 Bedroom Suites 1211-2311 (592 sq. ft.) - All suites $239,900
CashBack: $3,000.

FLOORS 12 TO 21: 2 Bedroom + Den Suites 1201-2101 (884 sq. ft.) - All suites $379,900, PARKING INCLUDED
CashBack: $4,000.

FLOORS 1 TO 10: 2 Bedroom + Den Suites 101-1001 (1,044 sq. ft.) - All suites $419,900, PARKING INCLUDED
CashBack: $5,000.

WHEN & WHERE: Sunday December 7th 12 pm to 5 pm at the KingWest Sales Centre in Liberty Village.

Already hacking up to 5k off prices plus free lock and parking..? Can't be good.

wow ..... just parking and locker alone could easily be worth a total of 30K to 40K

They have included parking and locker since day one at this project.

They have also been offering West Habour City Phase 2 with parking and locker, this is not unusual for Plazacorp. On Phase 1, locker was included for all suites and parking was included for 2 Bed's and larger ...

Where did you hear this 'exclusive use' only thing?

It's in their Purchase and Sales Agreement ... it's been that way in other Plazacorp projects like Wellington on the Park and West Harbour City ...

Don't know why they do 'exclusive use' as opposed to 'selling' them but that's how the other projects were done.

This is a very large project... 1100 units... I hope it doesn't get canceled.

I would expect that it will and the last thing to be built for the next 5 years in Liberty Village will be the Liberty on the Park (should start construction sometime next summer) as it's already about 90% sold. Liberty Village will take another 10-12 years to finish instead of the 6-8 previously anticipated imho.

I would expect that it will and the last thing to be built for the next 5 years in Liberty Village will be the Liberty on the Park (should start construction sometime next summer) as it's already about 90% sold. Liberty Village will take another 10-12 years to finish instead of the 6-8 previously anticipated imho.

2020 you say If this economy changes in the next couple of years and Toronto goes back into the boom which most of us expect,there is no reason for this entire project to be finished in 5-6 years. 1/2 dozen 20-25 storey buildings dont take much more than 2 years to construct,say another year in sales thats 3 years. 2015 is more realistic.

Plazacorp's parking and lockers are 'exclusive use' only, hence not owned by the buyers.

Interesting. I assume maintenance fees are not collected on the parking and lockers and therefore the suites end up with a higher contribution. That would suck for someone who doesn't need or want parking or storage.

I'm not sure if most people grasp the economic situation we're dealing with here. This isn't a short term recession like 2001 or even the early 90's, this is the first global recession in history with no good markets to help out the poor ones (India and China are still a statistically tiny percentage of worldwide consumption). 2009 will be a complete write off (and possibly 2010) and real estate in the gta will probably drop close to 20% in value this one year alone (already in the last 3 months it's dropped 10%, just wait for the atrocious Dec. numbers), and it won't get back to the kind of 2006-2007 boom until maybe 2012-13. Until that point, because of excess supply coming online in the next two years, I just don't think much will get sold. By the end of the first quarter of 2009, Toronto will really start seeing the effects of this and a whole slew of projects will be shelved or put on hold. It sucks as it's the area I live in and the sooner its full the better, but i just can't see it happening.

not sure where you were living at the time however, the effects of the global recession in the early 1990s in Canada and more specifically Ontario were hardly short term. (Heck, we never fully recovered) It is one of only a few cases of stagflation aided by a federal government who refused to lower interest rates as part of the free trade agreement.

It will be bad and most likely longer than most analyst predict but, no where near as bad here as in the early ninties.

Back