Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

The glass blocks look concerningly... not very good. In particular their edges and framing look kind of messy. I hope they use higher quality bricks/frame them better for the building itself.

The glass blocks look concerningly... not very good. In particular their edges and framing look kind of messy. I hope they use higher quality bricks/frame them better for the building itself.
My hope is that a tiny little sliver out of context for a sales centre won't be the standard for a building of this calibre.

A handful of the facades at Mirvish Village will be glass block as well. I wonder if they’ll use a similar system.

If you read into the design docs for King, you’ll see the blocks are going to be panelized into a unitized curtain wall system, so some sort of seam will be visible. I’m guessing we won’t see the final system until much later on after construction is well underway.

Vines or no vines, this building is going to be stunning. Why so much hate for a project that is miles ahead of 90% of the the threads on UT?

Where did I say I hate the project? I’m quite enthusiastic about it.

The detailing on that mock-up is poor and BIG is known for being big on concept and relatively poor on detailing. (What vines have to do with that I’m not sure because my comment is not pertaining to vines.) I’m referring to detailing in the architectural sense - how a building is constructed - how joins in materials and surfaces are handled, primarily. Firms like BIG are strong on concept, but make no mistake, we have local firms who do better detailing.

Where did I say I hate the project? I’m quite enthusiastic about it.

The detailing on that mock-up is poor and BIG is known for being big on concept and relatively poor on detailing. (What vines have to do with that I’m not sure because my comment is not pertaining to vines.) I’m referring to detailing in the architectural sense - how a building is constructed - how joins in materials and surfaces are handled, primarily. Firms like BIG are strong on concept, but make no mistake, we have local firms who do better detailing.

"quite enthusiastic"? Really?
More like damning with faint praise by a competitor 'who does better detailing'.
Anyone who cares about this city should be hugely enthusiastic.

"quite enthusiastic"? Really?
More like damning with faint praise by a competitor 'who does better detailing'.
Anyone who cares about this city should be hugely enthusiastic.

I am enthusiastic about the broader concept and design. If you are suggesting that means I can’t simultaneously critique its detailing, that’s your own issue.

Back