Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

My husband I bought a unit in the South Mountain and the reason we did was because of the architecture, the overall concept and beauty of King Toronto. We are middle-class professionals who once lived in Toronto and then relocated outside of the GTA for work. We always planned to return to Toronto for our retirement. King Toronto represents all that we value; beauty and uniqueness in architectural design; design that enables the formation of community; design that takes into account climate change and the need to be within a natural setting in an urban context; design that honours the fascinating history of the King-Spadina neighbourhood, a neighbourhood we know well having worked in it many years ago. (I was a school-teacher at an alternative school on Brant Street in the 1990s.) We also LOVE the attention paid to detail by this developer, especially with respect to the outer landscaping and interior design. We put together all of our resources for the down-payment and we will have to scale down considerably (that's an understatement) to move into our King Toronto unit. We are not super wealthy, nor are we buying this unit as an investment. We bought our unit because we were looking for a home and a community to spend our twilight years in and we could not be more happy about that decision.

My husband I bought a unit in the South Mountain and the reason we did was because of the architecture, the overall concept and beauty of King Toronto. We are middle-class professionals who once lived in Toronto and then relocated outside of the GTA for work. We always planned to return to Toronto for our retirement. King Toronto represents all that we value; beauty and uniqueness in architectural design; design that enables the formation of community; design that takes into account climate change and the need to be within a natural setting in an urban context; design that honours the fascinating history of the King-Spadina neighbourhood, a neighbourhood we know well having worked in it many years ago. (I was a school-teacher at an alternative school on Brant Street in the 1990s.) We also LOVE the attention paid to detail by this developer, especially with respect to the outer landscaping and interior design. We put together all of our resources for the down-payment and we will have to scale down considerably (that's an understatement) to move into our King Toronto unit. We are not super wealthy, nor are we buying this unit as an investment. We bought our unit because we were looking for a home and a community to spend our twilight years in and we could not be more happy about that decision.
Marianne, welcome to UT! I think you hold the record for the most liked post ever that doesn't have a photos in it, (definitely the most liked first post of that type!)… so quite the impressive start! We'll look forward to whatever contributions you feel comfortable making in future years when you do have photos to post from your unit!!

I guess u both earned it. Congrats and I hope u guys enjoy ur new condo.

New window decorations on King Street West - posted on the Spice Route and the Indigo (formerly Warner) buildings:

IMG_20191107_112223.jpg

IMG_20191107_112454.jpg

That's amazing! Congrats! You hear so many complaints about one building or another these days. It's genuinely refreshing to hear a nice review. My mother also bought a condo near King and she's really happy with it.

So, several years of construction start. Here's hoping that King Street doesn't suffer too much in the meantime, but it's rather exciting that this is getting going!

I’m not looking forward to the disruption, noise, mud and deadened long stretch of street without businesses and street life that this will cause in the part of King right outside my home but I’m excited for how this will transform the neighbourhood once it’s done.

Back