Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

This project is a new era in Toronto condo construction. It has major wow factor. This and the Well, although not supertalls like a lot of people want, prove height isn't everything.

All that green stuff on the renders are a bit much for my taste. Would be excellent if that was the end product, but I see a sleight-of-hand considering how this is a winter city for half the year (seriously, the last few days are the first I've seen green buds appear on trees and it is May) and how it will take a while for those trees and plants to develop such foliage.

The demolition has begun on the old C Lounge/Addisons site. It will be a construction area to support the King Toronto site until it is turned over to the City for the new Cat Park.

All that green stuff on the renders are a bit much for my taste. Would be excellent if that was the end product, but I see a sleight-of-hand considering how this is a winter city for half the year (seriously, the last few days are the first I've seen green buds appear on trees and it is May) and how it will take a while for those trees and plants to develop such foliage.

There were lots of winter renders.

The most lovely collection of renders ever posted here.

Pretty sure the "winter" renders are closer to what we'll get and the "green renders" will be built in Buenos Aires.

If built here as green as rendered, the minutes from the first or second condo corp meeting will be:

1. How can we build a reserve fund with a water bill larger than Brampton's?
2. I can report there are 23 confirmed water leaks in owners suites in our first quarter.
3. The window washing supplier has confirmed they will not trim the hanging or climbing vegetation on the building... wait they just called. They quit.

But it's fun to dream. Mind you downtown has never done much to max the potential of a species group called "evergreen"... maybe there's a middle ground here.

Did anyone actually read the documents BIG put out? They have at least 20 pages on the type of plants they plan on using, the reasoning for those plants, and where they will put them across the site to ensure growth given the climate, shading, etc. Shocker: a large architecture firm probably consulted some pretty credible botanists and arborists. More at 11...

Did anyone actually read the documents BIG put out? They have at least 20 pages on the type of plants they plan on using, the reasoning for those plants, and where they will put them across the site to ensure growth given the climate, shading, etc. Shocker: a large architecture firm probably consulted some pretty credible botanists and arborists. More at 11...

Exactly. For everyone saying "well, this has never been done before, it can't work!", a fair counterpoint is "well, BIG has never worked here before, and also they seem to have done their due diligence."

We’ve had this debate in this thread before. Apparently, you’ve never been to UofT campus.

C4772DB8-DC56-4FEE-B1ED-C5154DE4C2CA.jpeg

Back