Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

Screenshot_20190109-202312_Drive.jpg

Based on Allied's filings this one is looking like at least 4 years of construction time. With last year's city council vote for more detailed construction management plans I'd imagine for future projects we may get better foresight into project timelines too.

The King& Spadina* project might be an interesting one if it is the one I am thinking about on the north west corner, "above" Quantum Coffee. Last I heard from Allied about it 3-4 years ago, it was going to be a significant architectural investment. Anyone else know any more?

I believe that is the project at Spadina and Adelaide, no? Or is that too large for 115,000sf?
Spadina & Adelaide was in the unscheduled category.
The discussion years ago (if I recall correctly) was getting someone like BIG to design some sort of stilt above Quantum because of the building's significant heritage designation. Been waiting for it. Allied has easier fish to fry.

_1_tabletop.jpg

Spadina & Adelaide was in the unscheduled category.
The discussion years ago (if I recall correctly) was getting someone like BIG to design some sort of stilt above Quantum because of the building's significant heritage designation. Been waiting for it. Allied has easier fish to fry.

View attachment 170564

King & Spadina is this project (KING Toronto with Westbank), Adelaide & Spadina is the project suspended above two other buildings with the mast. In their recent disclosures I haven't heard them speak of intensification at the corner of King & Spadina, but I think there is potential for that to happen eventually.

They have further along intensification projects in the area they'd probably pursue first with QRC Phase II, King & Peter, etc. That being said I would love to see a huge architectural play on that corner!

Just walked by the site. Really moving along with the protection work along King. I wonder the timeline the tenants have been given to get out.

Very very exciting to see such an adventurous project beginning. Looking forward to see Toronto's signature building buildings on top of other buildings style develop in this radical and naturalistic way.

I wonder how many have found space in other Allied buildings in the area. Have they had any local vacancies?

The Greek restaurant in the old Starbucks space next to Unzipped was always temporary though I’m surprised at how temporary it was.

Spice Route is closing for good. Pizzaiolo has a place right around the corner on Spadina and Adelaide. The variety store and the dental office are probably SOL given that rental rates have skyrocketed in the decade since they moved in and were probably grandfathered into low rates for the area.

I wonder about Fynn’s Pub. I Iove that place but there is no shortage of Irish pubs in the area. The majority of tenants were offices and probably found space in the area.

Last edited:
The Greek restaurant in the old Starbucks space next to Unzipped was always temporary though I’m surprised at how temporary it was.

Spice Route is closing for good. Pizzaiolo has a place right around the corner on Spadina and Adelaide. The variety store and the dental office are probably SOL given that rental rates have skyrocketed in the decade since they moved in and were probably grandfathered into low rates for the area.

I wonder about Fynn’s Pub. I Iove that place but there is no shortage of Irish pubs in the area. The majority of tenants were offices and probably found space in the area.

Fynn's has some pretty serious interior demo going on right now.

Back