Toronto King Charlotte | 114.9m | 32s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

28198718450_1177917e81_h.jpg

I'm guessing my interior unit and pool pics were against the rules? My apologies, not sure why however...?

ot sure, good shots as well, maybe because i'm listing it 'soon' and mentioned that as if i'm attempting to solicit a sale which i'm not so, regardless I was just curious. The pool looks awesome and the building really is very well built I must say.

My experience of Khao San Road's space is that it's one of the more interesting little retail spaces in a newer development in the area - sectionally interesting as a double height space. It's definitely crammed in there but that's what makes it interesting. The project has a tiny floorplate but they managed to squeeze in that space, and a restaurant (not a dry cleaner, Subway, etc.) has made good use of it. It's rare to have a retail unit that isn't a more transparent glass but I do like how the restaurant has added wood screens and created their own motif behind the glazing which sort of supports the notion of it as a blank space to be given expression by its tenant.

I do wish we had more retail units in the city that were not fully glazed or where masonry, etc., came down to grade, with a setback retail entrance and shop windows like we used to see in older buildings - it gave the street more texture. That said, I think this is one of the better examples of a storefront / street fronting retail unit that employs glazing as its main architectural expression.

Back